Sending snaps(pictures/videos) and messaging are one of the numerous cool features that you can engage in on Snapchat. It is all fun and games till you send a snap to a friend and it says pending. Pending is a common feature on Snapchat and can be intimidating for people struggling to understand it. Don’t worry! This is a common issue and we got you covered.
Pending on Snapchat is a status that indicates your snap has not been sent yet. If your message wasn’t delivered, it is most likely pending. This means that it is still in the Snapchat delivery queue and will be delivered soon. Pending messages are defined by the grey icon right next to the message.
What Causes Pending on Snapchat
What causes snaps to be pending on Snapchat can be attributed to quite a number of factors like:
- You are not friends on Snapchat: This may occur if the person has not accepted your friendship request on the yellow app. Your snaps and chats will be pending till your friend adds you to their contact list.
- No Internet connection: Snapchat works with data and can not send messages unless connected to the Internet. No internet connection on your router or sim can be the reason why your message is pending.
- Restricted account: There are cases where you may have violated the policies of the app. In this case, you will encounter restrictions and will not have a seamless experience on the app.
- The Snapchat account no longer exists: “Pending” message on Snapchat can be a result of the account being deleted. As a result, you can no longer send a snap successfully to the recipient as conversations will cease to exist on the app between both parties. Nevertheless, you can reach out to your friend through other means of communication.
- You have been blocked: Snapchat does not notify you when you have been blocked. This could be the reason why your message is still pending. You can check if you have been blocked through the Search function. If their username pops up after typing it on the Search icon, you are still friends. However, If it fails to appear, you have been blocked.
- Technical issue: The site could be experiencing downtime or a technical issue. This can be a result of corrupted data which in turn affects the app’s functions.
- Snapchat server is down: It is possible that the server is down for that period and this causes snaps not to reach the recipient.
You may want to check out: How to allow camera access on Snapchat
How do I fix Pending on Snapchat?
Check your Internet connection. This is to ensure that you are still connected to your network provider. Switch to a WiFi router and confirm that your data bundle has not been exhausted.
Make sure you are still friends with the recipient: As we noted earlier that you may be blocked/ unfriended on the site as this may be the cause of your pending message. To know if you have been unfriended or blocked on Snapchat is pretty easy. Type the name of the recipient on the ‘Search bar'(the magnifying glass icon at the top left), if the user appears, then you have been unfriended. In the case where you cannot find the user again, that translates to you being blocked.
Restart your Phone: The Snapchat app could be experiencing some glitches. Simply close the app and restart your device. Long press the Power button to switch it off. Long press the Power button again to switch it on.
Uninstall/Reinstall the app: You can delete Snapchat from your device especially if there is a suspected case of corrupt data. This clears the cache and other factors. Then download it again from Playstore/Appstore and reinstall it. With your login details, you can go back to sending snaps and streaks! Prior to uninstalling the app, make sure you have your login details handy.
Update your Snapchat: Have you been using the old version of the app? Go to Playstore/Appstore and update the app to the newest version to enjoy the newest features and have a seamless experience.
Message your friend through another means: In hard cases where you are unable to send messages through the app, you can contact your friend via Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, or any other social network in which you both share a connection.
Read Also: What Does Received Mean On Snapchat?
Pending snaps are absolutely normal and can be caused by various reasons. However, in the case where you have been unfriended or blocked, it is surely not the end of the world. You can simply reach out to the recipient through another means of communication or Simply respect their decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check your Internet connection
Make sure you are still friends with the recipient
Restart your device
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat
Reach out to your friend via another means of communication.
A pending message can be caused by a whole lot of things. It could be a system glitch, network issue, or a case where the recipient isn’t friends with you yet. If you cannot find the user on the search box, then you may have definitely been blocked.
The Delivered notification proves that your snap has reached its recipient while Pending shows that your snap has not reached its recipient.
The recipient can see your pending message without accepting your friend request. It is entirely up to them to add you to their contact list or ignore you.
Cases like this could be a result of network issues. If you have reconfirmed that you both are still friends on the app then log off, log in and try again. It will surely be resolved once there is a steady internet connection.
The blue arrow shows that the snap has been delivered while the grey arrow indicates that the snap is pending and has not yet been delivered to the recipient.
When a pending snap has been delivered, the status will automatically change to ‘Delivered’. The arrow switches from grey to blue.
We Also Recommend:
- How to Copy and Paste on Facebook | Easy Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Make Your Facebook Private | Easy Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Add Link to Tiktok Bio | Easy Guide
- lifewire.com – what does pending mean on snapchat
- africa.businessinsider.com – what pending means on snapchat
- makeuseof.com – what does pending on snapchat mean
Hope this guide has been helpful to you in understanding what pending means on Snapchat. Feel free to leave any feedback/comments/questions in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.