Facebook is one of the numerous social media platforms providing a seamless networking experience and allowing users to share photos and videos with friends and family.
However, this seamless experience can be cut short if you see the content you like but don’t know how to share it or copy it.
If this is an issue for you, it’s not a big deal. There are several ways to copy and paste on Facebook without wasting time.
As a matter of fact, Facebook makes it very easy.
So, let’s get right into it.
How to Copy and Paste on Facebook Desktop Website
If you prefer to use Facebook on your Desktop, here’s how to do so effortlessly.
- Log into Facebook using your email address and password.
- Go to the content you want to copy. Whether it’s on your Newsfeed or Someone’s Post.
- Select the text you want to copy by clicking and dragging with your mouse from the beginning of the text you want to copy to the end.
- Afterward, right-click on the highlighted text and select “Copy” from the menu. Alternatively, you can use Ctrl+C on Windows (or Command+C on Mac)
- Go to where you want to paste the copied text. It can be your chat on Messenger, Status update, or story. Place the cursor and paste the text with “Ctrl + V” on Windows or “Command + V” on Mac. You can also right-click to bring up the context menu again and select “Paste” from the options.
How to Copy and Paste on Facebook from a Windows PC
- Position the mouse cursor at the start of the desired text.
- Click and hold the left mouse button, then drag the cursor to the end of the desired text.
- Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key, then press C on the keyboard to copy.
- Click the desired Facebook text field.
- Hold down the Ctrl key, then press V on the keyboard to paste.
How to Copy and Paste on Facebook from a Mac
- Place the mouse cursor at the beginning of the text that will be copied.
- Click and hold, then drag the cursor to the end of the desired portion of the text.
- Hold down the Command (Cmd) key, then press C on the keyboard to copy.
- Click the appropriate text field on the Facebook website.
- Hold the Cmd key, then press V to paste.
It’s as simple as that to copy and paste to Facebook from a desktop computer.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Make Your Facebook Private | Easy Step-by-Step Guide
How to Copy and Paste on Facebook Mobile Apps for iOS and Android
Copying and pasting on your mobile phone is much easier and faster compared to a desktop.
Here’s how to effortlessly copy and paste on a Facebook mobile app for ios and android
How to copy and paste on Facebook from an Apple iPhone
- Tap and hold the first word in the block of text that will be copied.
- Drag the highlight to cover all of the desired text.
- Tap the “Copy” button.
- In the Facebook (or Facebook Messenger) app, tap the appropriate text field.
- Tap and hold the cursor, then tap the “Paste” button.
How to copy and paste on Facebook from an Android device
- Tap and hold the beginning of the text block that will be copied.
- Drag the highlighted portion until it covers all of the appropriate text.
- Tap the “Copy” button that appears.
- On Facebook (or the Facebook Messenger application), tap the desired text field.
- Tap and hold the cursor, then tap “Paste” on the toolbar.
Copy-pasting to Facebook from a smartphone or tablet is quick and convenient when following the above steps.
People are also searching for What it Means When Friends Put ‘LMS’ in Their Facebook Statuses
Why Copy and Paste on Facebook?
When sending Facebook URLs, the copy-paste function is also useful. Open the desired content (profile, post, message, etc.) on a desktop device and copy the URL from the browser. In the app, tap the three dots and then select Copy Link.
Knowing how to copy and paste on Facebook is a very useful skill to have in this day and age of social media. As we’ve seen today, the invisible clipboard storage location also plays a significant role in copy-pasting.
There is a slight distinction between copying text and images from desktop and mobile devices and operating systems, but we’ve covered everything important above.
Remember that, while Facebook has strong mechanisms in place to deal with inappropriate content, scammers frequently find different workarounds. So be cautious about what you copy and paste!
FAQs on How to Copy and Paste on Facebook
You can’t copy photos or videos on the platform; you can only copy texts or profile information.
Yes, right-click on the message and click ‘Copy’ or use shortcuts.
Press the Ctrl+A key ( press ⌘ Command+A on Macbook) or hold your finger over the text and choose ‘Select All from the menu that comes up.
Yes, both two ways are possible.
If you share a Facebook post and the original author deletes it, the content will disappear from your feed. When you copy and paste, you don’t have to worry about that, and no one will know where the original post came from.
Go to your Facebook profile in a web browser and copy the address bar URL. In the mobile app, go to your profile and tap the three dots > Copy Link.
Although you can’t copy a video to your computer’s clipboard, there are ways to download Facebook videos. Once you’ve downloaded the video, you can share it as an original post.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.