Have you ever received a snap from a friend on Snapchat that says “FT me” or “HMU to FT” and now wondered what it means? Or have you seen FT on a friend’s Snapchat story and got confused? But asking them what FT means on Snapchat feels so dumb. You must have been in this situation, especially if you’re new to Snapchat.
Another example—you’ve been hanging out with someone for some time now, and things are beginning to get interesting between you two. Then one day, the person sends you a snap saying, “FT me”. If you’re unfamiliar with the Snapchat slang “FT”, you will look confused. Continue reading if you’re or have been in this situation before.
Granted, people use various slang and abbreviations on Snapchat. Therefore as a Snapchat user, it is expected that you get familiar with these slang/abbreviations to help you to have exciting conversations. So, we’ll cover what FT means on Snapchat alongside other Snapchat abbreviations and slang.
What Does FT Mean On Snapchat?
On Snapchat, FT means FaceTime. FaceTime is a video calling app for iPhone users. But if you’re a non-iPhone user, you may not be familiar with FaceTime since it is a built-in feature in iPhones.
So the next time you see FT on a Snapchat story or your friend sends you a snap saying “FT”, “FT me”, “lets FT”, etc., it means they want to FaceTime (video chat) with you.
Even though there are other video calling apps, many iPhone users prefer FaceTime because it is more convenient. Moreover, FT is not only used on Snapchat; it is also used on other social media platforms. And the meaning remains “FaceTime”.
Uses of FT on Snapchat
Some of the ways you can use FT on Snapchat include:
- Want to FT now?
- Let’s FT in 5 mins!
- Should we connect over FT tomorrow?
- Just got over FT with my buddy!
The meaning of FT in the above examples remains FaceTime. If you’re an Android user, you will likely not use this slang. Regardless, if you bump into it anywhere on social media, you will know the meaning.
See Also: What is Quick Add on Snapchat?
Can You FT on Snapchat?
The Snapchat platform does not have a direct option that allows for FaceTime. Thus, you cannot do FaceTime directly on Snapchat. However, Snapchat offers a video calling service.
Snapchat video calls function the same as FaceTime, except that Snapchat video calls can take up to 15 people at a time. On the flip side, FaceTime takes up to 32 people on a video call. So, if you want to make a video call with a large number of people, FaceTime would be your best bet.
Moreover, iPhone users should know how to FaceTime someone. But if you’re not an iPhone user, there’s probably no need to understand the process.
How to FaceTime on iPhone
If you just recently started using an iPhone and you’re not familiar with this whole FT thing, here’s how to FaceTime on iPhone:
- Swipe down and locate the search functionality.
- Start typing the word “FaceTime” in the search box. Midway through your typing, you should see the FaceTime app as a suggestion below.
- Click on the app and tap on New FaceTime.
- Type your friend’s phone number or email ID connected to their Apple IDs.
- Tap on the FaceTime button to start calling.
- Wait for your friend to pick up the call. And voila!
Tip: FaceTime doesn’t notify you if the other person on the call records your video call or captures a screenshot. So, if you’d like to avoid such, you should video call on Snapchat. It doesn’t mean they won’t be able to do it. But if they do, Snapchat will notify you.
Can You Video Call On Snapchat?
If you’re an Android user, you can use the video call option on Snapchat since Android devices do not support FaceTime. So, you can video call up to 15 friends on Snapchat at a go. Here are some steps to help you out:
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Swipe right to go to your friends list.
- Locate the friend you want to video call and click on their name.
- You’ll see a small video icon in the upper right corner, tap on it.
- Snapchat will now start video calling your friend.
The application’s video quality and sound during video calls are excellent. But FaceTime is undoubtedly a better video calling option. And that is why iOS users prefer it to Snapchat’s built-in video calling feature.
Note: The person you’re video calling on Snapchat can see you before they pick up the call. So, don’t pick your nose before they pick up the call because they will see you!
Other Uses of FT On Snapchat
Below are other ways Snapchatters use the FT abbreviation on Snapchat alongside their corresponding meanings.
|U wanna FT?||Do you want to join in a FaceTime call?|
|Can you FT?||Are you free to hop on a FaceTime call?|
|Group FT||Begin a group FaceTime call with me!|
|Anyone wanna FT?||Does anyone want to do a single or group FaceTime call with me?|
|SB to FT||I need somebody to FaceTime with|
|HMU to FT||Hit Me Up to FaceTime!|
|Down to FT?||Do you want to FaceTime with me?|
|FT buddy||FaceTime buddies! The person is someone that regularly FaceTime with you or wants to constantly FaceTime with you.|
|I’m on FT||I’m an iPhone user and can join in a FaceTime call. Or I’m on a FaceTime call.|
Does FT Mean Anything Else?
When you see FT on someone’s Snapchat story, or you receive a snap that says “FT me”, they mean FaceTime. But there are times when the person meant something entirely different.
Asides from Snapchat, FT is used on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc. And on almost all occasions, the person meant FaceTime. However, there are exceptions. And that’s what you’ll learn here.
Sometimes a person may mean the following when they say FT:
- F*ck That: This could mean they dislike or are fed up with something. The person may say this if they’re vexed. So, you’ll have to understand this based on context.
- For Trade: If you’re discussing with someone about trading something or you belong to a trade forum, then this applies to you. However, you must understand this based on contextual usage.
- Featuring: FT could also mean Featuring as (in a song where an artist featured another artist). So, in music, FT means Featuring.
- Full Time: FT means Full Time (in soccer)—the whole 90 minutes of gameplay. However, it is not used frequently except when discussing football with your friend.
Snapchat users use abbreviations and slang to make conversations more exciting and fun. And FT is one of them. When you see FT on your friend’s story on Snapchat, it means FaceTime.
If they send you a snap with FT, they mean FaceTime. But the meaning of FT could differ sometimes depending on the context in which it is used. And we have shared some of them here. Also, check out this article on what does received mean on Snapchat.
FAQs On What Does FT Mean On Snapchat
BRB means Be Right Back. It means the person will be away for a short while and will be back with you soon.
HMU means Hit Me Up. It means someone wants to talk to you about something and wants you to send them a message.
- howtoapps.com – What Does ‘FT’ Mean? Snapchat Text Explained!
- itgeared.com – What Does FT Mean on Snapchat?
- devsjournal.com – FT me | What Does FT Mean on Snapchat?
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.