Table of Contents
The Necessity of VMware Backup
The importance of enterprise backup needs no further elaboration, especially when you have a lot of virtual machines with critical data. An effective VMware backup solution should have the following abilities:
- Keeping several copies of your VM data;
- Storing your VMware backups in multiple locations;
- Providing complete copies of your systems, down to every last document;
- Being independent and not relying on any single part of your internal infrastructure;
- Having the ability to backup applications inside VM as well, such as databases, ERP, CRM’s, etc.
Common VMware Backup Solution for VM Protection
For businesses or organizations that want long-term data protection, it is better to consider the following backup solutions:
Data is an important part of any business today. In order to protect virtual machine data from disaster, administrators may choose from a variety of virtual machine backup solutions.
- Manually copy VM disk files: A VM is essentially a set of files. The virtual disk files can be direct open by the hypervisor.
- Export VM to OVF/OVA: Open Virtualization Format (OVF) is a file format that supports exchange of virtual appliances across products and platforms. You can achieve faster downloads this way, but still need to export VM from ESXi one by one.
- Agentless backup software: This is the most reliable way to backup VMs today. You can create independent and complete backups of multiple VMs with simple steps.
It is, not to mention the hassle of repeated setup and the risk of operational errors. Here, as an agentless backup software, AOMEI Cyber Backup provides a reliable VMware backup solution.
See also| How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39
What You Get with the AOMEI Cyber Backup
The AOMEI Cyber Backup solution for VMware backup and recovery delivers complete data protection for vCenter-managed and standalone ESXi workloads. AOMEI Cyber Backup ensures that your VMs are recoverable within minutes in any data loss scenario.
✔ Agentless backup with an institutive centralized console
✔ Automatic backup cleanup
✔ Instant recovery of VMs
✔ Easily deployed on Windows/Linux
✔ Free lifetime version
AOMEI Cyber Backup supports VMware ESXi 6.0 and later versions and Hyper-V backup in Windows 8/8.1/10/11, Windows Server/Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and later versions. With the institutive interface, you could easily create and manage virtual machine backups.
AOMEI Cyber Backup also offers a free version which is perpetual free. It includes basic backup and recovery features that covers the need of personal labs or beginners in virtual machines.
Let’s take VMware ESXi backup as an example, the benefits can be presented in backup process as the following.
Create VMware Backup Solution Using AOMEI Cyber Backup
To backup the VMware ESXi VMs, before you start, you will need to bind the standalone ESXi host/vCenter Server host for authorization. Once authorized, you are free to manage the protection of all VMs on the host without installing an agent on each of these VMs.
Then you can schedule multiple virtual machines backup on standalone VMware ESXi host or large amounts of VMs managed by vCenter covered in one backup task. For more advanced features, for example, you can also use Backup Cleanup to delete unwanted backup files automatically.
Created backup tasks will be listed and monitored separately, for later restoring, progress checking and schedule changing.
A good backup schedule ensures minimal data loss and multiple restore points, and you can restore the entire VM from any point you like. In addition, you can select to Restore to new location. In this way, you can restore the entire VM as a new cloned VM to another host.
AOMEI Cyber Backup improves backup efficiency and simplify data protection management by automating virtual machine backups. Once a policy is configured, the VM backups are automatically created, and you don’t need to manually protect your data. Meanwhile, you could create backup copies, store VMware backups to different locations, and be prepared for recovery in any situation.
The whole process takes only a few simple actions to set up flexible backups and complete instant recovery. With a copy of your virtual machine backup, you know that your data is safe even if the primary backup becomes unavailable.