The worst thing that can happen to you as a Samsung tablet owner is trying to turn on your phone and discovering that it won’t turn on.
A black screen without any sign of life indicates that your Samsung tablet won’t turn on. But what could be the reason? Continue reading to find out!
Moreover, if this looks like what you’re going through, read this guide for the causes and some proven fixes to get your tablet back in action.
Why won’t Your Samsung Tablet Turn On?
There are various reasons your Samsung tablet won’t turn on. If you’re having a similar challenge, look out for the following:
- The battery is not fully charged, so you must fully charge the tablet.
- Perhaps your battery is not properly charged, and you plugged in your tablet with a damaged or incompatible charging cord.
- Your Samsung tablet won’t turn on if it runs out of power.
- The software freezes on a black screen, and you have to force restart your tablet by holding down the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Your Samsung tablet won’t turn on if it has hardware issues—buttons, electric lines, charging port, battery, etc.
- The battery doesn’t last anymore after charging. Thus, it needs replacement.
- Your tablet is not off but has a broken screen. Hence, you need to change the screen.
- The Operating System is corrupt as a result of software issues.
- A faulty incompatible firmware may have been installed in a recent update.
Read Also: How to Turn Off Samsung S21/S21 Plus/S21 Ultra
How to Fix it When Your Samsung Tablet won’t Turn On?
It’s normal for you to panic if you discover that your Samsung tablet has refused to turn on. However, it can be resolved only if you’ll try the following fixes:
1. Check for any damage.
Check that the tablet, USB cable, and charger do not have any physical or liquid damage. If they do, it could be hindering your tablet from charging.
- Double-check the USB connections for bent pins and corrosion.
- Ensure your phone does not have liquid damage.
2. Charge your Samsung tablet.
Perhaps the reason your Samsung tablet won’t turn is that it has run out of power. Thus, it may not turn on after charging since the battery is drained. So, please wait a few minutes before putting it back on.
Moreover, it could be that the tablet is faulty—if the battery is below 20%, the phone will go off, and you don’t put it on until you charge it for some time. If the problem persists after doing this, try the next fix.
3. Check your charger and charging port.
Another thing you should do when your Samsung tablet won’t turn on is to check the charger, charging port, and charging cord.
If your charging cable is damaged or the cable’s plug is bent, then you should get a replacement. But if there’s no physical damage, try using another cable or charger and see if it solves the problem.
That way, you can quickly identify the faulty hardware. However, if this doesn’t fix the issue, check if your tablet’s charging port is clogged with dust, dirt, or debris.
If you find such materials inside your charging port, they can hinder your charging cable from connecting properly with the charging contacts. In that case, put off your device and gently blow air into your charging port to remove any dust, dirt, or debris.
If you don’t remove the dust, debris, or dirt, take it to a professional for cleaning because improper cleaning may damage the charging port.
See this: How To Fix an iPhone That Keeps Shutting Off
4. Reset your device.
If the previous method doesn’t fix the problem, try resetting your Samsung tablet. Many Samsung tablet users said this worked for them.
So, we suggest you try it out. Here’s what you should do:
- Disconnect your charger from your device.
- Press the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously for 30 seconds.
- Continue holding the buttons while plugging in the charger.
- Keep holding the buttons for an extra 30 seconds.
- Leave the power button and keep pressing the volume button.
Check Out: How to Fix a ‘Not Registered on Network’ Error on Samsung Galaxy in 2023
5. Restart your Samsung tablet to safe mode.
If your Samsung tablet still won’t turn on after trying the above fixes, consider restarting your device. The problem might be from a bad third-party app.
So, reboot it to safe mode. If it works, it means you have an application problem. To get started:
- Turn off your tablet by pressing the Power button for a while.
- Long-press the Power button to reboot the tablet.
- Immediately you see the start-up screen, long-press the Volume down button. Then release the button when your Samsung tablet starts in Safe Mode.
- Afterward, try uninstalling the third-party app to fix the issue.
6. Seek help from the Samsung service center.
If you have tried all the solutions above but your Samsung tablet still won’t turn on, your last resort should be seeking professional assistance from the Samsung service center or scheduling a repair service online.
Special tools can help you quickly remove a Samsung tablet battery. So, you can buy a battery replacement kit for your Samsung tablet model.
On average, a tablet’s battery will last around three to five years. The battery could last beyond that. Meanwhile, remember that the battery will eventually wear out.
Tablets don’t last forever. However, they can last for a long period. A Samsung tablet can last up to five years. And a Windows tablet can last for eight to twelve years.
Perhaps you need to do a power cycle. To do a power cycle, remove and replace the battery. Or press and hold the power button for about one minute.
Minor issues like insufficient storage and incompatible apps usually cause Samsung’s black screen of death. And a simple reset can get this fixed.
If your Samsung tablet won’t turn on, we hope these quick fixes will help you resolve the p. And if you know any other way to troubleshoot a “Samsung tablet won’t turn on” issue, share it with us in the comments.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.
Leave a Reply