Bing with ChatGPT is a new feature that makes it possible to communicate with Bing more naturally. It understands your queries and provides more individualized and relevant responses by utilizing the power of OpenAI’s ChatGPT language model.
Although Bing with ChatGPT is still under development, it might completely change how we interact with search engines. Additionally, it can make searches more enjoyable and engaging while assisting you in receiving accurate and correct answers to your queries.
So, this blog post will cover what you should know about accessing and using Bing with ChatGPT.
Table of Contents
What is Bing Chat?
Bing Chat was launched in February 2023. This new feature allowed users to converse with the AI chatbot instead of just filling in search queries.
Despite Google’s usual utter control of the online search market, the conversational system effectively allowed Microsoft to steal a march on it.
Again, Bing Chat sounds different from ChatGPT, and in some ways it is. However, it uses the same model from OpenAI and functions very similarly. And we can say it’s simpler for normal people to access and use.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an Artificial Intelligence-powered natural language processing tool. Hence, you can communicate with the chatbot in various ways that are human-like.
Further, the language model can help you with things like writing emails, essays, and code, and provide answers to your inquiries.
Because ChatGPT is still doing research and gathering user feedback, it is presently available for everyone to use for free. However, ChatGPT Plus, a paid membership version was released at the beginning of February.
How Do I Access Bing With ChatGPT?
While you may use any web browser to access Bing, at the moment the only way to use the new Bing with ChatGPT capabilities is to open it in Microsoft’s Edge browser. Additionally, it works with the mobile apps for the Edge web browser and the Bing app.
However, this might be changing. Bing Chat may be added to Chrome, Firefox, and other third-party browsers in an update, according to a recent statement from Microsoft’s chief of Advertising and Web Services, Mikhail Parakhin. For those people who prefer not to use Edge, it is fantastic news.
Meanwhile, you can now add Bing Chat’s AI widget to your phone’s homescreen for even faster access to Bing Chat. The widget allows you to easily perform a Bing search or engage in AI chat via voice or touch. And your interactions with the widget are synchronised between desktop and mobile.
Additionally, using Bing with ChatGPT no longer requires joining the Bing waitlist. Microsoft announced a ton of additional features in addition to moving the chatbot into an open preview. This indicates that the new Bing with ChatGPT is now available to everyone with a Microsoft account.
See also: Is ChatGPT Plus Subscription Worth It?
How To Sign Up For Bing AI Chat
Known as “New” Bing, you can download the AI-powered browser for free. However, you must use the most recent version of the Microsoft Edge browser to access Bing Chat.
Microsoft has not yet made any public intentions to charge a fee for this service. Nevertheless, there are some restrictions that you need to know.
Meanwhile, you can only ask 150 prompts per day and 15 per session. However, Bing Chat will advise you to switch topics to a different one once you’ve asked 15 prompts. If you’re using the latest version of the Microsoft Edge browser, you can sign up by visiting bing.com/new.
How To Use Bing With ChatGPT
Here, we’ll walk you through the search procedure and some typical follow-up choices to demonstrate how to use Bing with ChatGPT. Meanwhile, remember that Microsoft has placed restrictions on Bing to stop the unsettling behaviour that many users have observed.
To avoid lengthy chat sessions, these restrictions include chat limits for each session and each day. So, the most recent restrictions are 30 conversations per session and 300 chats per day are the most recent restrictions.
- To use Bing with ChatGPT, navigate to www.bing.com in your Microsoft Edge web browser and enter your query in the search field. We’ll use the example “I’m travelling to Connecticut in August” for the sake of this tutorial. What should I do?
- If you have access to the new Bing with ChatGPT, you should see a chat window open with your question as the first line. If not, you might have to click Chat at the top of the window to put Bing into chat model.
- When you do, Bing will show you how it has interpreted your query and you can watch as it writes you a response in real time. You can also tell it to stop responding by pressing “Stop responding” if you’ve had enough. Meanwhile, the bot’s sources are acknowledged in the footnotes at the bottom, and after it has finished writing, a list of sample responses will appear.
- The real dramatic shift happens at this point. You can continue conversing with Bing to discover more or narrow your search instead of clicking a link and doing more independent research.
- Also, because Microsoft wants you to continue using Bing, it presents you with a various suggested additional questions after each search. We’re not going to use one of Bing’s suggested additional queries for the purposes of this article. Let’s say we’re considering going to some live performances while travelling, we’ll instead ask Bing, “What bands are playing Connecticut in August?”
- And there you have it—Bing gives us a list of bands appearing in Connecticut in August alongside links to the sources of the information and recommendations on the next questions you should ask. Additionally, you can click the thumbs up/thumbs down symbols that display when you hover your mouse pointer over the response to let Microsoft know it was a positive or negative response. To contact Microsoft directly, click the Feedback icon in the bottom-right corner if you find anything that needs further explanation.
How To Use Bing Image Creator
In addition incorporating to ChatGPT with Bing, Microsoft has added Dall-E-2 AI-powered photos directly to your browser without having to register or subscribe to any other services. Furthermore, you can access Bing Image Create directly from Bing Chat or by visiting https://www.bing.com/create. Although the interface may look different, the results are the same.
Remember, the query you enter determines whether or not any conversational AI produces the intended results. Your results will be better if your prompts are more specific and accurate.
Meanwhile, you only need to have a Microsoft account that is signed in to use the Bing Image Creator and Bing Chat. But if you don’t have a Microsoft account,ensure you create one.
See also: The 7 Best ChatGPT Alternative
Benefits of Bing With OpenAI ChatGPT
Using Bing with ChatGPT has a few benefits and we’ll be exploring them below.
Accuracy: Bing ChatGPT is powered by OpenAI’s ChatGPT, one of the most reliable language models currently available. Thus, you can be confident in the responses you get.
Creativity: Bing ChatGPT has the potential to develop unique ideas. Therefore, it can be useful if you’re seeking fresh perspectives or ways to express yourself.
Convenience: Since Bing ChatGPT is connected to Bing, you can use it to perform various tasks, like information searches and getting directions. Thus, it is very convenient to use.
1. Open Bing on Microsoft Edge.
2. Enter the questions in the new search box and click Enter.
3. Click Chat below the search box to access the chatbot.
4. Type your question as you would normally ask someone.
Bing announced at Microsoft Build 2023 that it is integrating with OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
When you join Microsoft Rewards, you will earn points for using Bing. And you can redeem points for free gift cards, games, movies, etc.
Using OpenAI and Bing enhances your search experience in various ways. Also, you can have natural language discussions, get reliable information with in-depth answers, and personalize your search results by following the strategies in this guide. With Bing Chat powered by ChatGPT, you can enjoy higher engagement, quick research, and immediate access to information.