Do you know that your Apple Watch can help you perform some iPhone duties? One of them is setting alarms. Yes, you can set an alarm on your Apple Watch (either to vibrate or ring out loud).
Whether it is a wake-up alarm you want or hourly reminders you want to set, you can get it done with your Apple watch. And you can do this with Siri (the digital assistant) or the Apple watch alarm app.
In addition, you can set an alarm on your Apple watch to vibrate if you don’t want it to ring out loud and disturb others. So, keep reading to know how to set the alarm on your Apple watch.
How To Set Alarm On Apple Watch
There are two ways you could add an alarm on your Apple Watch—using Siri or through the Apple watch alarm app.
Set The Alarm Using Siri
You can set an alarm using Siri. It’s similar to the way you do it on an iPhone. But before that, you must first ensure that you enable Siri on your Apple watch. And if you’re using iPhone 12, here’s how to activate Siri on iPhone 12.
Follow these steps to enable Siri if it’s not enabled on your Apple watch:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Siri.
- Toggle Hey Siri, Raise to Speak.
- Press the Digital Crown to activate Siri.
If you already have Siri enabled on your watch, then follow these steps:
- Ask Siri to set an alarm for you by saying, “Hey Siri, set an alarm for me”. Then mention the time you want.
- You can also set a named alarm by saying, “Hey Siri, set an alarm named…”. Then mention the name you want to set for it.
Set Alarm Using Apple Watch’s Alarm App
If you’d prefer to use the alarm app instead of Siri, here’s how to set the alarm:
- Click on the Alarm icon on your watch face. The Alarm icon is the orange clock icon on your watch face.
- Tap on Add Alarm.
- Rotate the Digital Crown to set the Hour.
- Click on the Minutes and rotate the Digital Crown to set it.
- Choose AM or PM depending on the time of the day you want.
- Tap Set. And voila! Your new alarm is now live. You can find it in the list of alarms on your Apple watch.
How to Set Alarm On Apple Watch to Vibrate
If you don’t want it to ring out loud, you can set your Apple watch alarm to vibrate. By doing so, your alarm will wake you up silently through vibrations on your wrist. While this reduces disturbances to the people around you, it is simple to set.
However, you cannot set your Apple watch alarm to vibrate without the entire watch in silent mode. To set your Apple watch alarm to vibrate, here are the things you should do:
- On your Apple watch face, swipe up.
- Click on the Bell icon. Doing this will switch your Apple watch to Silent mode.
- The icon will now become red while the bell will strike through it.
- Press the Digital Crown to open your Apple watch’s app menu.
- Click on the Alarm app.
- Scroll down and click on Add Alarm.
- Click on the Hours box and rotate the Digital Crown to set the hour.
- Next, tap the Minutes box and rotate the Digital Crown to set the minutes.
- Select AM or PM to set the time of the day. But if you’re using a 24-hour clock, skip this step.
- Tap on the check mark you see at the bottom of your screen.
Voila! Your Apple watch alarm will now vibrate. Additionally, you can toggle your alarms on or off on the Alarm app main screen.
How to Turn off Snooze For an Alarm On Apple Watch
Each time your alarm rings, you can decide to sleep it. Snoozing your alarm makes your watch silent for the moment, and it rings again after some minutes.
If you want to turn off snooze, follow the steps below:
- Go to Alarms on your Apple watch.
- From the list of alarms, select the alarm.
- Scroll down and turn off Snooze.
On the same screen, you can edit other alarm settings—repeat cycle, time, or label. Click on the tabs depending on the one you want to adjust.
How to Delete an Alarm On Apple Watch
Deleting an alarm on your Apple watch is pretty straightforward.
- Navigate to the Alarms app. Then click on the alarm you want to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Delete.
What if you want to delete all your alarms at a go? Well, Siri can help you do the job. Long-press the Digital Crown for seconds or say “Hey Siri” (be sure your watch is awake while doing this).
Now, tell Siri to “clear all alarms”. You’ll be prompted to confirm your request, then tap “Confirm” to delete all the alarms on your Apple watch.
How to Set Apple Watch as a Nightstand Clock With Alarm
You can set your watch as a nightstand clock with an alarm. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on My Watch → General, then turn on nightstand mode.
When you connect your Apple watch to a charger with nightstand mode applied, it will show charging status, date and time, alongside the time of any alarm you have set. Nudge your watch or click on display to see the time. You can also do this by tapping or nudging the table.
Using the Alarms app to set the alarm for your Apple watch in nightstand mode will make your Apple watch wake you gently with a unique alarm sound.
And when the alarm rings, press the side button to put it off or press the Digital Crown to snooze it for a few minutes.
How to See The Same Alarms On Both Your iPhone and Apple Watch
- Set the alarm on your iPhone.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on My Watch, click on Clock, and turn on Push Alerts from your iPhone.
Your Apple Watch will alert you when an alarm goes off so you can either snooze or dismiss it. Also, your iPhone does not alert you when your Apple watch alarms go off.
The Apple Watch is one of Apple’s intelligent gadgets, and its alarm feature is one of its many brilliant features. After reading through this guide, you should now be able to set alarms on your Apple watch.
FAQs On How to Set Alarm On Apple Watch
The bell symbol is the Apple watch Silent Mode icon. It turns the Silent Mode on and off. If the bell is Gray, it means your watch’s sounds and vibrations are on. And if the bell is red with a strike through it, your watch will vibrate and light up when you have a notification.
Silent Mode means your watch will vibrate. However, you can control this setting through the bell icon.
It could be because of connection issues to your phone, changes to your software, accessory problems, or changes to your notification settings.
- support.apple.com – Apple Watch User Guide
- iphonelife.com – How to Set a Vibrating Apple Watch Alarm
- businessinsider.com – How to set and customize an alarm on your Apple Watch
- appleinsider.com – How to set alarms on Apple Watch
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.