Are you tired of having that boring wallpaper on your Apple watch? Anyway, you can change your Apple watch wallpaper to look just as beautiful as the watch.
The sweetest thing about an Apple Watch is its ability to perform many functions. They include; a stopwatch, a fitness tracker, a way to glance at your notifications without going out with your phone, and certainly to know the time.
You can change your Apple Watch wallpaper and run your collection directly on your Apple Watch or the Watch app on your iPhone.
Here, you’ll learn how to change Apple Watch wallpaper (also known as Apple Watch faces).
Table of Contents
How to Change Apple Watch Wallpaper
Knowing how to change your Apple Watch wallpaper can help you change as many individual photo wallpapers or photo galleries as possible.
Here is how to change the wallpaper on your Apple Watch:
- Lift the Apple Watch to show the face
- Press the Watch face hard to open the “Watch Face Gallery”
- To find the wallpaper of your choice, keep scrolling through the gallery
- When you find your preferred wallpaper, click on it. Then the wallpaper will be activated
How to Change Apple Watch Wallpaper To a Personalized Photo
If you would like to use your own photos as wallpaper on your Apple Watch, here’s how to do it:
- Go to the “Photos” app on your iPhone, then choose the “Recents” album
- Click on the photo you would like to set as your Apple watch wallpaper. Then click on the heart icon at the bottom to favorite it.
- Your Apple watch synchronizes photos from your favorites by default. And if you changed it to another album, ensure you include the photo in that album in the “Photos” app.
- Rather than displaying just one photo, if you want your Apple watch to show photos at random as your wallpaper, then favorite as many photos as you want.
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone, then click on “Face Gallery” at the bottom
- Next, scroll down and tap the “Photos” watch face
- To add the watch face to your Apple watch, simply click on “Add”
- Voila! Your watch face will now be displayed on your Apple Watch
Also read: how to delete hidden apps on iPhone
How to Change Apple Watch Wallpaper From Your iPhone
Do these to change the Apple Watch wallpaper from your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, launch the Watch app
- At the bottom, you will see “Face Gallery”. Click on it to add a wallpaper
- Check out the available wallpapers by scrolling through
- Choose wallpaper to customize its style, color, and complications
- Then click on “Add” once completed to add the wallpaper to your collection
How to Remove Apple Watch Wallpaper From Your iPhone
Here’s how to remove the Apple watch wallpaper from your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, go to the Watch app and tap “My Watch”
- Click the “Edit” button beside “My Faces”
- Then click the red dash (–) on the left side of the wallpaper you wish to remove. And click the red “Remove” button
- Lastly, click “Done”
How to Customize Wallpapers From Your Apple Watch
Customize your wallpapers from your Apple watch in these 9 steps:
- Tap on your watch face firmly
- To add a wallpaper, swipe left until you get to a window that displays “New”. Click the “+” icon
- Turn the digital crown to check the list of available wallpapers
- Click the wallpaper to include it in your collection
- Tap “Edit” on the wallpaper you want to change, to customize it. Swipe left/right to choose a feature to customize. Then to select new customization (markings and colors), turn the digital crown.
- You can equally customize complications such as activity and weather. Swipe to the left screen, click on a complication, then rotate the digital crown to change it.
- After customizing the wallpaper or complications, save your changes by pressing the digital crown.
You may also want to check out: how to delete albums on iPhone
How to Remove Wallpapers From Your Apple Watch
Do you want to remove your customized wallpaper? Here’s what you should do:
- Swipe to the wallpaper you wish to remove
- Hard-press the display and swipe up. Click “Remove”
How to Change Apple Watch Wallpaper Series 3
Do you want to change the wallpaper on your Apple Watch Series 3? There are two methods to achieve this. We’ll be exploring them below.
- First of all, ensure the iPhone connected with your Apple Watch Series 3 is prepared
- Select “Photos” on your iPhone
- Then choose the photo/image you wish to use as your wallpaper. Now, add this image to your favorites
- Your photo will be synced with your Apple watch series 3
- Go to your watch and choose the “Photo” app
- Next, choose the photo/image and click on it to select your wallpaper
- Finally, tap “Create Watch Face” from the menu that follows
- Voila! Your wallpaper is set on your Apple Watch Series 3
- Go to your iPhone and launch the “Watch” app
- Select “Face Gallery” from the menu
- Then select a new wallpaper and set it
How to Change Apple Watch Wallpaper Series 5
It can be exciting to have a beautifully designed Apple Watch Series 5. But it’s quite annoying when your own looks boring. Well, you can change this.
It will only require a few minutes of your time to find a wallpaper as beautiful as your Apple watch. And you will have to follow some simple steps to get this done.
So, you’ll learn how to change your Apple watch wallpaper Series 5 below. Just stand by!
Changing it from your iPhone
- Open the “Watch” app on your iPhone and tap the “My Watch” tab at the bottom left.
- You will be shown all your saved wallpapers. Then click on “Edit” to see an option to modify your wallpaper.
- From the resulting page, you will see various wallpapers that you can use. The topmost wallpaper is often your default wallpaper.
- Simply click on the “Hamburger” icon at the right of your preferred wallpaper and drag it to the top. The wallpaper will now be shown as the default. Others will only show when you swipe.
- But if you want only the default wallpaper to display without swiping it, click on the “–” (dash) icon to remove them. You’ll find this icon on the left side of every wallpaper.
Read Also: How To Drop a Pin In Apple Maps On iPhone
Changing it from your Apple Watch
- To display your present wallpaper, press the digital crown on your Apple watch.
- Next, long-press the default wallpaper to minimize it and show editing options.
- To change your wallpaper to an already existing one, swipe left or right until you reach your preferred wallpaper.
- Once you get to your preferred one, just tap on it. It will now become your wallpaper.
- If you don’t have an already existing wallpaper, just swipe to the end. Then you’ll see “New”. Simply swipe up or down to see new wallpapers.
- Once you see the one you prefer, click on “Add” at the top right corner of the wallpaper. It will now be added to your saved wallpapers.
It’s one thing to own an Apple watch. And it’s another thing to allow it to look boring. That’s why you need to know how to change the Apple watch wallpaper. By the way, this blog post explains it in detail.
FAQs On How To Change Apple Wallpaper
A couple of things can make your Apple watch face change on its own. Any of these can be the case:
1. If you use a watch face that automatically changes its layout and design.
2. You mistakenly used a gesture to swipe your present watch face.
Apple Watch complications refer to little information (from apps) that are displayed on the watch face.
Simply put off your Apple Watch and iPhone, then restart them. Put them off together and restart your iPhone first. Then restart your Apple watch.
Go to the Watch app on your iPhone, then choose Face Gallery. Besides the image on the upper gallery screen, click Portrait. And for the Content section, click Choose Photos. Choose the portrait photos you want to add and tap Add.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.