Owning a Lenovo device comes with its perks and disadvantages. But, the exciting thing about this brand is that a process you learned for a product, you can replicate on another device from the same brand. Hence, this article on how to take a screenshot on a Lenovo laptop.
Read this article to see how you can do so and explore all possible information you can keep.
Table of Contents
Why take Screenshots on a Lenovo Laptop?
A screenshot comes in handy when you have a past to archive and can be quite helpful when you want to report an issue that requires long and wordy content to resolve. A simple screenshot can save you long hours of typing and makes for easy comprehension.
The value of screenshots cannot be overemphasized. This feature is practically on all devices but the methods differ. If it’s your first time owning a Lenovo laptop and you simply don’t know how to take a screenshot, you could find this article helpful.
How To Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop
On a Lenovo laptop, there are several options for taking a screenshot. However, the approaches will differ slightly depending on your Windows version.
How To Screenshot On a Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop
There are several reasons why you might want to screenshot on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop. One of them is that you may want to show someone what you are currently working on. Or it could be for reference purposes.
You can screenshot on a Lenovo computer in different ways, depending on the model and version. So, you can either use the Snagit method or the windows screenshot feature. The latter is free to use but is limited while the former is recommended by IT experts.
How to take a Screenshot on a Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Version
- If your Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10, all you need to do is simply press the Windows key and the Prt Sc key at the same time. Just in case you’re having a hard time finding the Prt Sc key, it is beside the Alt key on most Lenovo laptops.
- Another quick technique for taking a screenshot on your Lenovo laptop is pressing the Windows key and the letter W together. A sidebar menu will appear on the right side of your screen. Then, select the Screen Sketch tool to edit and probably, save.
How to take a Screenshot on a Lenovo Laptop without Windows 10
If your Lenovo laptop doesn’t run on Windows 10, there may be little changes on how you can take a screenshot but, it’s not something that’ll give you a hard time.
Simply navigate to the screen you wish to capture and press Prt Sc. After that, your image will be copied to your clipboard.
You can use any editing program installed. Hit the Ctrl + V buttons at the same time to paste your screenshot. If there’s a need to mark your image, you can do so with Paint’s tools.
To save your photo, click save or press Ctrl + S when you’re done.
Take a Screenshot on Lenovo with Markup Hero as a Better Alternative
Rather than browsing through an endless list of guides for how to take a screenshot on a Lenovo laptop with various Windows models, how about using a single program that allows you to take screenshots on all of them?
That’s where Markup Hero comes in. It helps you to take screenshots, and access, modify and annotate them. It aids in the establishment of a clear line of communication and improves your productivity.
Here’s how to use Markup Hero to snap a screenshot:
- Download Markup Hero. there’s no need to sign up anywhere as it is completely free. Interestingly, it works with every Windows version.
- Once you’ve downloaded it, go to your downloads folder and your Laptop and click on the exe file to get started.
- To launch the application, simply press Ctrl + Shift + 1. When a crosshair icon appears on your screen, simply drag it to the portion of the screen you want to capture on your Lenovo laptop.
Take a Screenshot with Snagit
Did you know you can use Snagit to take a screenshot more effortlessly and edit your image with more sophisticated capabilities? Follow the steps below to take a screenshot on your Lenovo laptop.
- Download and install Snagit.
- Sign in and press the Capture button
- To choose a custom area, click and drag, then release your mouse cursor.
- Click the camera icon to capture the desired region
- On the pop-up Snagit Editor, edit your screenshot
- Hit the Ctrl and S buttons simultaneously to save this screenshot.
Where Are Screenshots Saved In Laptops?
When you take screenshots, it is automatically copied to the clipboard and saved on your laptop. You can access the screenshots through the picture storage path. An example of a storage path is C: Users[Your Name]PicturesScreenshots. You can also find screenshots by going to the picture icon on your laptop. Once you find the screenshots wherever they are saved, you can either edit them however you want or use them that way for the purpose intended.
Although Lenovo laptops have built-in features that can allow you to take a screenshot, a program that allows you to make appropriate changes to the screenshots is fantastic.
Give these easy guides a hot and explore which works most for you.
FAQ on how to screenshot on Lenovo laptop
To capture the tablet’s screen, press and hold both Power On/Off & Volume down keys for three seconds or until you hear the camera shutter click. To see screen capture images in the screenshot folder. Touch and hold the image for sharing and advanced options, which will be in the upper right corner of the screen.
To capture a screenshot on a Windows laptop or desktop computer, press the Print Screen keyboard key (usually abbreviated to Prt Scn or similar). If you only want to grab a screenshot of the active window, press the Alt and Print Screen keys together.
Press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time. If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
This is the easiest and quickest method to take a screenshot; press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Print Screen copies everything visible on your Windows 11 desktop to the Clipboard.
Taking Screenshots on ThinkPad without PrintScreen Button
What is this? If your Lenovo laptop does not have a function key for taking screenshots, you can use the Windows Snipping Tool. To launch the Snipping Tool, press the Windows key + R, type snipping tool, and press Enter.
- markuphero.com – how to screenshot on a Lenovo laptop
- www.lifewire.com – take screenshot on Lenovo laptop
- africa.businessinsider.com how to take a screenshot on your Lenovo computer
We Also Recommend
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.