If you know your Chromebook well enough, you’ll see that it works just the way your android device works. But, somehow, you punched some keys and your device went into disorder such that you began looking for how to rotate the screen on Chromebook. No worries, you’ll find out how by the time you’re done with this article.
Rotating the screen on your Chromebook is simple and useful in a variety of circumstances, but finding a convenient way to do it is superb.
Do one which makes you most comfortable.
What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a new type of computer that makes tasks go more quickly and easily. It runs a Chrome OS, a system that includes cloud storage, Google’s best features, and multiple layers of security.
A Chromebook may run without an internet connection and programs like Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Keep, and Google Drive synchronize data when you’re able to reconnect.
Also, a Chromebook is incredibly light and does not require a lot of computing power or RAM.
Difference between a Chromebook and a Laptop
Basically, a Chromebook and a laptop appear to be identical, with the same design elements and build, but Chromebook is a completely different breed. While a laptop runs on Winds r Mac S, the Chromebook is a new line of fast, low-cost computers that run on a lightweight operating system.
A Chromebook also streams videos, edits images, etc. Also, it is mostly internet-based, unlike the laptop, which works on programs that do not require you to connect to the internet.
Unlike the Windows OS, the Chrome OS does not allow you to install the Microsoft Suite n it.
Read Also: How To Split Screen on Chromebook | Simple Steps
How to Rotate Screen on Chromebook | Easiest Way
Rotate the Screen on Chromebook Using Shortcut
Using this method, you can press the Ctrl + Shift + Refresh (F3) key to rotate your Chromebook seamlessly.
After pressing these buttons, you would receive a pop-up notification to continue. When you click on continue, your Chromebook’s screen will rotate by 90 degrees.
However, the only problem with this option is that it only rotates the screen 90 degrees clockwise. If you want t to fine-tune the orientation of your Chromebook’s screen, see the next method.
Rotate Screen from Chromebook’s Settings
Out of the two ways you can rotate the screen on your Chromebook, this seems to be the longest. With this method, you can change the screen orientation by 270 degrees, by pressing no keys by using the Chromebook Settings menu.
The steps below are how you can change your screen’s orientation.
- Click the clock on the desktop screen of your Chromebook device (bottom-right corner).
- To reach the settings menu, click the gear icon on the action -pop up that just displayed
- Select device from the vertical bar on the left once you’re on the settings screen, then go to the right-hand menu and select Display from the list of options.
- Use the drop-down menu associated with orientation (under built-in display) under the display cluster of settings to change the screen orientation to your preferences.
Read Also: How to Copy and Paste on Chromebook | Full Guide
Can I Rotate the Screen of an External Display Connected to my Chromebook?
I bet you didn’t know that Chrome OS also allows you to modify the direction of your secondary displays if there are any connections to your Chromebook.
Follow the steps below to rotate and adjust your external display screen.
- Press the clock button on your Chromebook’s desktop screen to access the Chrome OS actin menu
- Click the gear from the context menu that just displayed on the settings icon
- Once you’re in the settings menu, select Devices from the left-hand menu, then Displays from the right-hand menu
- Select your external display from the Display tab’s drop-down menu
- Use the orientation drop-down box to rotate the screen according to your specifics.
What do I do if my Chromebook refuses to Flip Screen?
If your Chromebook has a touch screen but doesn’t rotate automatically, it’s possible the auto-rotate feature is disabled.
To turn it on, press the notification toolbar in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar and then the auto-rotate option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. All you need to do is go through the options above and find a way around it.
Yes, you can rotate the screen of your external device following these steps.
Press the clock button on your Chromebook’s desktop screen to access the Chrome OS actin menu
Click the gear from the context menu that just displayed on the settings icon
Once you’re in the settings menu, select Devices from the left-hand menu, then Displays from the right-hand menu
Select your external display from the Display tab’s drop-down menu
Use the orientation drop-down box to rotate the screen according to your specifics.
That’s all there is to know about the differences and how to rotate a Chromebook screen. I hope you find the methods explained in this article helpful and easy.
- africa.businessinsider.com – how to rotate the screen of a Chromebook
- chromeready.com – how to rotate screen on Chromebook
- Crop a Screenshot On Mac | Easy Guide
- How to Screenshot on ASUS Laptop | Easiest Method
- How To Turn Off Touch Screen on HP | Easiest Way
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.