Because of the Apple ecosystem’s flawless compatibility, it’s easy to pair any Beats headphones with an iOS device. They can, however, interact with other devices as they employ a standard Bluetooth connection.
However, because non-iOS devices lack automatic pairing capability, connecting to them can be difficult.
No worries—you can get past this by understanding how to manually pair your Beats headphones with any device. Keep reading as we outline the processes for connecting Beats to iPhone, Android, Mac, and Windows. Let’s plunge in!
Table of Contents
What to Know Before You Begin
Beats offers several options when it comes to wireless headphones, including:
- Beats Solo
- Beats Studio
- Beats X
The key to pairing wireless Beats with any of your devices is knowing where to locate the power button. If you can’t find the power button, go to the manual or quick start instructions that comes with your headphones.
To pair Bluetooth headphones with a mobile device, first ensure that the device is discoverable. You accomplish this on your Beats headphones by pressing and holding the power button for about five seconds. You’ll see the Bluetooth LED blink, indicating your device is ready to be paired.
How to Add Beats Wireless Headphones to Android
After you’ve confirmed that Bluetooth is enabled on your Android device, follow these steps to connect your wireless headphones to the device.
1. Swipe down from the center of the Android home screen to open the App Drawer. Then, select Settings.
2. Tap Wireless and Network.
3. Tap Bluetooth and then tap the toggle switch to enable Bluetooth.
4. Once Bluetooth is on, tap Pair new device.
5. Select Beats Wireless from the available devices list.
6. Your Beats headphones show as connected after they successfully pair.
How to Add Beats Wireless Headphones to iPhone
Here’s how to pair your Beats wireless headphones with an iPhone or another iOS device.
1. Bluetooth must be enabled on your iOS device. To enable it (or confirm it is enabled), tap Settings.
2. Tap Bluetooth and tap the toggle switch to enable it if it isn’t turned on.
3. Once Bluetooth is on, your available devices are listed on the Bluetooth screen. Select Beats Wireless in the list under My Devices.
4. Your Beats headphones show as connected after they successfully pair with the phone.
You can now rock out anywhere you go with your headphones connected to your mobile device.
How to Connect Beats Wireless to Windows PC
To connect Beats Wireless headphones to a Windows 10 PC:
1. Select the Windows icon on the desktop and choose All Settings.
2. Begin typing Bluetooth in the Windows Settings search field. Choose Bluetooth and other device settings in the search results.
3. Choose Add Bluetooth or other device and confirm the Bluetooth toggle is in the On position.
Note: If there is no Bluetooth toggle, your PC does not support Bluetooth. Before you can pair it with your headphones, you must first enable Bluetooth.
4. In the Add a device screen, select Bluetooth.
5. When all the nearby Bluetooth discoverable devices have loaded, select Beats Wireless.
You will receive a notification on your screen when your device is ready to go.
How to Connect Beats Wireless Headphones to Mac
To connect Beats Wireless headphones to a Mac computer:
1. Open System Preferences from the Apple menu or by selecting it in the Dock.
2. Click the Bluetooth option.
3. Click on the Beats headphones you want to pair.
Once the Beats are paired, they show as Connected.
How to Disconnect and Reconnect your Beats Headphones
Simply switch off your Beats headphones or turn off Bluetooth on your device to disconnect. Putting your Beats in pairing mode will also disconnect them for a short time.
To permanently disconnect your Beats from a device, you must instruct your phone or computer to forget them. Return to the Bluetooth menu on your phone or PC.
- On a PC: click your Beats’ name and then select “Remove Device.”
- On a Mac: right-click your Beats and select “Remove.” You can also tap the “X” icon to the right of its name.
- On an iPhone: tap the “i” icon next to your Beats’ name, and then select “Forget This Device.”
- On an Android: tap the gear icon next to your Beats, and then select “Forget” or “Unpair.”
To reconnect your Beats headphones to a device they’re still paired to, simply turn them on. Once turned on, your Beats will automatically pair with the last device they connected to. If that device isn’t in range, they’ll go into pairing mode.
This means that if you’ve paired your Beats with another device and want to reconnect them to an older device, you’ll need to make sure the original device is either out of range or has its Bluetooth turned off.
You can also repair the device by having it forget the headphones and then pairing them like you did when you originally acquired them.
What to do if your Beats won’t Pair
The best quick fix you can do right away is to make sure your device’s Bluetooth settings are on. Beats can’t connect to a device that doesn’t have Bluetooth enabled.
The second best thing is to turn each device (headphones and laptop, cellphone, etc.) off and then on again. This is called power cycling, and it is an underrated method for fixing nearly any issue.
Additionally, confirm that there are no obstructions in the way and that your headphones are properly close to the device you are trying to connect them with. If you are have trouble connecting, consider keeping them a few feet apart.
Lastly, you may need to perform a factory reset on your Beats. By doing this, all of their data will be deleted, returning them to the state they were in before they left the factory.
Each Beats model has a different factory reset procedure, so find out what to do by consulting the handbook for your particular device.
If all else fails, contact Beats support for help.
How to Pair Beats Headphones FAQ
On the Peloton screen, select Settings > Bluetooth Audio. Next, make sure your Beats are nearby and in pairing mode. On the Peloton screen, locate your headphones > tap Connect.
On your PS4, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices. Make sure your Beats are nearby and in pairing mode. If the PS4 doesn’t recognize the headphones, try using a dongle to connect them to your PS4.
First, go to the lower-right corner of Chromebook and tap the time; if you see a Bluetooth icon, your Chromebook works with Bluetooth. Tap the Bluetooth icon > Bluetooth > select your Beats > follow prompts to connect.
Pair with a Mac, an Android device, or another device.
Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac, Android device, or other device. Unfold your headphones to power them on. Open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac, Android device, or other device. For example, on your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.