Do you know you can highlight text in Pages for your Mac, iPad, or iPhone? It’s an easy way to make something look outstanding. To make the text more visible to you or a team member working on the document, just select and highlight the text. Keep reading to know how to highlight text in Pages for Mac.
One benefit of using highlights is that it allows you to add comments to the highlighted text. Here’s a guide on how to highlight text in Pages on a Mac if you want to make your words outstanding.
How To Highlight Text In Pages For Mac
Pages enable you to highlight text so that a particular section is distinct from other parts of the document. There are many highlight colors you can choose from. But if you’re working as a team, each team member can be given a different color.
After highlighting a section of the text, you can include a short note to remember why you highlighted it. Or provide context, commentary, or any other information to a team member.
So, the following steps will guide you on how to highlight text in Pages on a Mac:
- On your Mac, open a Pages text document.
- Select the text you wish to highlight.
Tip: Don’t know how to select text on a Mac? Place your mouse cursor at the beginning of your text, then click and hold the mouse. As you hold, drag to the end of the text and release the mouse. You can as well select the text by holding Shift and moving the cursor using the arrow keys.
- On the menu bar, tap on Insert → Highlight. Or use the shortcut Shift + Command + H
- You have successfully highlighted your text.
So, these are the steps to follow to highlight text in Pages for Mac. However, there are other things you could do after highlighting the text. They include changing the color of the highlight, adding comments, and removing the comments and highlights.
See Also: How To Drag And Drop on Mac
How to Add Comments to The Highlights
Here is how to add comments to the highlights:
Place your mouse over the highlighted text. Then the Add a comment box will open. Enter your note and tap Done.
There are various ways you can see comments for highlighted text.
- Tap on the highlighted text.
- Next, tap on the note indicator (it’s a small box that’s colored as the highlight).
- Go to the Review toolbar and tap on the arrows for Comments.
- From the menu bar, click View → Show Comments Pane.
- In the Pages toolbar, choose View → Show Comments Pane.
How to Change The Highlight Color
For teamwork, everyone working on that particular document will have a separate highlight color. But if you’re using the highlights for yourself, you can select any color you like. Then it will be applied to Pages.
From the menu bar, tap on View → Comments & Changes → Author Color. Then click to choose a color in the menu that pops.
How to Remove Highlights And Comments
Similar to viewing comments, there are various ways you can remove highlights and comments.
- Place your mouse over the highlighted text. When the Add a Comment box displays, click Delete.
- Go to the Comments Pane and tap Delete for the comment and corresponding highlight.
- Choose the highlighted text, then click Edit → Remove Highlights and Comments from the menu bar.
Read this article: How To Inspect An Element On a Mac
How To Highlight Text On iPhone or iPad
Open the Pages document on your iPhone or iPad, then do the following to highlight text.
- Tap on your text. And select either Select or Select All in the context menu. This depends on what you wish to highlight.
- In the same menu, use the right arrow to move to Highlight, then click on it.
Add Comments to a Highlighted Text
You can follow any of the following to add comments to a Highlighted text.
- Click and hold the highlighted text. Then choose Comment from the context menu.
- Tap on the highlighted text. Then add your comment to the pop-up that appears.
Remove Highlights And Comments
Using your iPhone or iPad to remove highlights and comments is not difficult.
- Click on the highlighted text. Then tap Delete in the pop-up.
- Next, tap and hold the highlighted text. Then choose between Remove Highlight and Remove Highlight and Comment from the context menu.
Check Out: How To Sign Out of iMessage On Mac
How To See Word Count On Pages
If you work with Pages on Mac, iPhone, or iPad to create documents, there may be a need for you to see some statistics. This could be page count, word count, paragraph count, or character count. Fortunately, Apple allows you to view these easily.
This brief guide shows you how to see the word count in Pages using your device.
Follow these steps to view count in Pages on Mac.
- Go to Pages on your Mac and open the document you want to view count.
- From the menu bar, tap on View → Show Word Count.
- The box will display at the bottom of your Pages document, then you’ll see the word count.
- Tap on that box to see the paragraph count, a number of pages, and character count with and without spaces.
Follow these steps to view count in Pages on iPad and iPhone.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open your document in Pages.
- For iPhone, click More (three dots) at the top right. And for iPad, click View Options (the square icon) at the top left.
- Turn on the Word Count toggle.
- Click Done.
- Now, you will see the word count at the bottom of your document. Click it to see the extra counts.
- Click anywhere on your document to close the statistics window.
The highlight feature is very essential to some documents because it can be used to emphasize important notes.
So, if you work with a Mac, it’s not a problem since this article teaches how to highlight text in Pages for Mac.
I suggest you try using this feature if you work as a team for clarity, or in your personal space for reference purposes.
FAQs On How To Highlight Text In Pages For Mac
It’s because the text selection tool has not been selected. You start by choosing tools, and text selection, or click the show markup toolbar button. Then click the text selection button.
For products that do not use a touchscreen interface, you can just use a finger to drag it and drop it where you wish. And for a non-touchscreen interface, just long-press, and drag.
First, select the content, tap on Command-C and paste the content where you wish to. You can also drag and drop.
- appletoolbox.com – how to highlight text in pages for mac
- idownloadblog.com – highlight text in pages mac ios
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.