As an Airpod user, you may have been saddled with thoughts about how to disconnect your Airpods from all devices to which it is paired. Well, it is very possible to achieve this.
The nicest thing about Airpods is that you won’t have to be burdened with using a long wire for connection. Additionally, you can use it while your mobile phone can be anywhere as long as it’s within range.
Your Airpods could be connected to your mobile phones, laptops, and other devices. However, it may be difficult to disconnect after using it for a while.
So in this article, you’ll discover how to disconnect all devices from your Airpods. This will only require a few minutes of your time.
Might want to check out: How to Add Airpods to Find My iPhone | Easy Fix
Table of Contents
How To Disconnect Airpods From All Devices
To disconnect your Airpods from other devices, you must force a hard reset on them. When you reset it, it automatically deletes every existing connection and fixes every issue.
Now, here’s how you can reset your Airpods:
- Put your AirPods into the charging case.
- In case your Airpods are not charged, let them charge up to at least 10 percent.
- Then behind the case, press and hold the center button for 15 seconds.
- Remove your Airpods from the case and then reconnect your phone to it.
After the reset, you will need to pair the devices again whenever the need to use your Airpods arises. And if it fails to connect, check if there is any device interfering with the Bluetooth.
If not, then there is an app intruding. But if none of them is the issue, then report the case to the Apple support team.
Before you can start with the reset, the Airpods have to be unpaired from any device to which it’s connected. And here’s how you can unpair your AirPods:
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Click on Bluetooth and tap the ‘‘I’’ button to quake the Airpods.
- Then, click on the ‘‘Ignore The Device’’ button and confirm.
What Happens After The Reset?
You may be asking if there’s any other effect a hard reset will have on your Airpods. The simple answer is Yes. There are other benefits you can get after resetting your Airpods. Some of these benefits include:
- You may change the device and with the reset, you can use the AirPods on the new device without much hassle.
- Problems with the Airpods are fixed. For example, when only one bud is playing, the reset corrects it.
- It also corrects issues related to some apps or music playback.
- You may need to sell your Airpods to another user. Thus, the reset will disconnect it automatically from all devices.
- It also corrects the charging issue with the Airpods.
- If your AirPods can’t turn on, then a reset will help it.
Why Disconnect Airpods From All Devices?
You may wonder why some people choose to disconnect all devices from their Airpods. And they even go as far as using the hard-reset option to achieve this.
Well, they do this for a couple of reasons. Below are a few reasons why you should disconnect your Airpods from all devices:
- In a case where you sell your Mac, iPad, or iPhone, you will need to reset it so that it disconnects from the sold device.
- The Airpods may be connected to so many devices. Therefore, you may decide to disconnect from all the other devices.
- You may also decide to disconnect your Airpods from all devices for privacy.
The reasons an Airpod user may want to disconnect from all devices are not limited to the ones aforementioned.
Also check out: How to Connect Your Airpods to PS4
Why Won’t My Airpods Connect To Other Devices?
Have you been having challenges with connecting your Airpods to other devices? Well, you must find out the reasons your Airpods won’t connect to other devices.
It could be that the OS is outdated. Or maybe the AirPods battery is low, the device’s Bluetooth is bad or not turned on, etc.
- Outdated Operating System (OS).
This is one of the reasons your Airpod is not connecting to your device. However, this can be tackled by updating your Operating System.
Once you have upgraded the Operating System, the Airpod finds it easy to connect to your device. These few steps can help you upgrade your Operating System:
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Choose System Upgrade, then Update. With this, the device is updated and can connect to your Airpods.
- Low battery.
It is a known fact that a low battery is as good as dead. With a low battery, you can’t disconnect your device from your Airpods let alone connect. The device and Airpods must be charged to be able to connect to your device or disconnect from them.
Sometimes bad Bluetooth is also the reason your device cannot connect to the Airpods. This issue can be rectified either by rebooting your device or resetting the Airpods. Once this is settled, then the connection can be smooth.
If you disconnect your Airpods from all devices, it’s as good as having to restore the Airpods to factory settings. But keep in mind that you pair and connect them again after the reset.
Resetting your Airpods also fixes other issues your Airpods are having. These issues could be connecting or pairing issues, or Airpods cutting out.
However, problems like proximity issues can be fixed without resetting factory settings.
We hope you found this article helpful and interesting. Tell us in the comment section.
FAQs On How to Disconnect Airpods From All Devices
It is very possible to confirm if your Airpods are fake. You can do this by typing in the Airpods serial number into Apple’s check coverage website. When it is done, the system will verify whether the Airpods are registered in the system.
Yes, your Airpods can work with Android. They don’t work with any specialized technology, just the standard Bluetooth technology.
You can track your AirPods with the ‘‘Find My’’ app. Once you put in the serial number and the other required details, it will show you the particular location on the map.
Yes. As long as the thief has an Android or Apple product, all that is required is just a reset then the Airpods can be used.
A user can decide to give your Airpods to another user. All that is required is just to reset them and then remove them from your ID. That way it won’t be paired with the former user.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.