Apple’s Airpods are one of the most common wireless headset accessories in the iOS market. Because of the flexibility of Airpods and their size, you can easily misplace them. This is why you have to add your Airpods to Find My iPhone.
These little buds have superior battery life, and noise cancellation, and are very convenient to wear for long hours. Finding your Apple products with tracking software is more secure in most situations.
However, like other devices, Airpods are not linked directly to your Apple ID. And in this blog post, you will learn how to add Airpods to Find My iPhone.
Table of Contents
How To Setup Find My iPhone and Your Airpods
Before using the Find My iPhone feature for your Airpods, you must first connect your Airpods to a device that’s linked to your iCloud account.
But Airpods are not connected to iCloud. Therefore, you have to use a separate device to set them up.
You can do this on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone. Keep in mind that you may use your Airpods with Windows and Android.
However, Find My iPhone will only find them if they’re also paired with an Apple device.
Fortunately, all you have to do is add your Airpods to Find My iPhone. You won’t have to do anything more to get them to work with Find My iPhone.
Follow these steps to pair your Airpods:
- Remove the Airpod case’s lid. During the setup, keep both Airpods in the case (they won’t pair if one is missing).
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings. iOS users should go to Settings → Bluetooth and ensure that the option is turned On. Mac OS X users should go to the Apple icon → System Preferences → Bluetooth.
- Next, press and hold the Setup button behind your Airpod case until the light inside the case starts blinking.
- From the Bluetooth settings on your device, tap on the name of your Airpods.
Feel free to also check our post on How to Find Airpods When Offline | Easy Step
How To Turn On Find My iPhone
You must turn on the Find My iPhone feature on any device that’s linked to your AirPods. Let’s see how to do it.
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings app.
- Click on your name, then tap on iCloud. But if you’re using iOS 10.2 or an earlier version, just head straight to iCloud.
- Next, scroll and choose Find My.
- Now, click Find My iPhone for the second time.
- Switch the toggle to On for Find My iPhone and Send Last Location.
When you turn on this feature, all of the devices you’ve connected with your iPhone will be automatically set up. This includes the AirPods.
How To Add Airpods, Airpods Pro, And Airpods Max To Find My iPhone
If your AirPods are instantly connected with your iPhone, they’re instantly set up when you switch on Find My iPhone.
Ensure that the Find My network is switched on so you can find your devices even if they’re turned off or disconnected.
- Open Settings → Bluetooth.
- In the list, click on the More Info button beside your device.
- Scroll to Find My network.
- Ensure that Find My network is enabled.
How To Find My Airpods With Serial Number
We hate to announce this to you. But you cannot use a serial number to find your Airpods case.
You cannot do anything else with your serial number rather than get a replacement. Meanwhile, you can contact the Apple Store with your serial number to check if you can get a replacement. This goes for a fee.
How To Find My Airpods Without My iPhone
It can be very painful to Airpod users when they lose their Airpods. This is especially if their iPhone is not accessible to track them with the Find My iPhone app. Interestingly, there’s a way to handle this.
You could use another device to sign in to your Apple account on the Apple website. Then check the last location of your AirPods. Cool right?
Simply follow these steps to get started:
- On your device, launch the iCloud website. Then go to the Find My iPhone category.
- Confirm your Apple ID and password (if you have many IDs, choose the Apple ID that’s connected to your AirPods).
- Now, enter your Apple ID password
- Tap on All Devices, then select your AirPods from the dropdown menu.
- Each device’s last location is shown as Offline below the device.
How To Find My Airpods When Airpods Are Offline
If your AirPods show offline in the Find My app, then you can find them using this method. This method will allow you to access the last location of your AirPods before they go offline.
Here are the steps to find your AirPods when they’re offline.
- Go to the Find My iPhone app.
- Look through the list of devices you’ve linked your iPhone or Apple ID to. Then select the option with your AirPods.
- If you see a grey dot beside your AirPods’ name, it means your AirPods are offline.
- In this situation, locate the car button and click on it. Then, you can navigate to the last location.
Read Also: Can You Connect AirPods To Xbox One?
How To Use Find My To Find Lost AirPods On iPhone
If you lost your Airpods, you can find them using the Find My app on your iPhone. You can equally do this using another iPadOS or iOS device where Find My is enabled.
- Go to the already existing Find My app on your iPhone or iOS device. Then click on Devices.
- On your list of devices, scroll down and click on your AirPods.
- You will see your AirPods displayed on a map in their last location or current location.
- To get driving directions (on Apple maps) to your Airpods’ location, click on Directions.
But if your lost Airpods cannot be found, you will see No Location Found. And if they’re in different locations, the map will only display one Airpod at a time.
What you have to do is Find the Airpod you can see on the map, then put it in the case. Afterward, refresh the map, then it will display the location of the other AirPod to help you find it.
Losing your AirPods or the case is a frustrating experience. To begin with, you’ll need to be cautious to avoid losing or misplacing them.
While we have some useful tips on how to add your AirPods to Find My iPhone, we also have a terrific post on how to connect your AirPods to PS4
Frequently Asked Questions
To find the AirPods, use the Find My feature on iOS, iCloud, or a Mac.
You will only be able to see the Airpods’ last known location through Find My (if the thief pairs the AirPods to a new iPhone).
Yes. You can track the location of your AirPods case. Simply launch the Find My app and look for the name of your AirPods in the list of linked devices.
Once you’ve found the name of your AirPods, click on the car button beside it to discover their most recent location.
If your AirPods or AirPods Pro are in their case, you won’t be able to see where they are.
However, if you have AirPods Max, you can see them in Find My for up to 18 hours while they’re in their case.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.