Intending HBO Max users have been asking how many devices can stream on HBO Max. You might have also been asking the same thing if you’re planning to migrate from other services to HBO Max.
HBO Max is an American Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) owned by Warner Bros discovery. The company was launched in 2020 and HBO Max users since then have been rapid.
So if you’re an HBO Max user, read through this article to find out how many devices can stream HBO Max and more.
Table of Contents
How To Add User Profiles On HBO Max
Whether you’re using your mobile phone or computer, the procedures to add a user profile on HBO Max are similar.
Here’s how to get started:
- Using any browser, visit the HBO Max website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the Profile icon at the top right corner.
- Choose Switch Profiles.
- There are 2 options to add a profile. Select between Add Adult and Add Kid. If you select Add a Kid’s profile, you’ll be required to create a PIN that would be used to gain access to the adult profile.
- Input the profile name.
- You’ll be required to enter the birth date, for the kid’s profile.
- Now, choose a profile picture by tapping on one of the colorful rings.
- Tap on Save. Then tap on Next, for the kid’s profile.
- Next, set up parental controls. Tap on the circles you desire for the maximum ratings in movies & TV that your kids can watch. Also, you can check the box if you’d like to set the PIN to switch profiles.
- Now, tap on Save.
Also Check: Best USA Network TV Shows
How Many Devices Can Stream HBO Max?
Knowing how many devices can stream HBO Max is vital information for HBO Max users that want to subscribe to the platform.
The platform is not just for adults but also for underage kids who would like to have various movies at their fingertips whenever they feel the need to switch to another movie.
Just like Netflix and any other platform that offers Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) services, HBO Max can stream on three devices at the same time.
Such devices could be mobile phones, laptops, smart TVs, Roku, etc. When it exceeds the designated number, an error message will pop up notifying you of the situation. And until someone leaves, no other person can sign in.
How To Switch Users On HBO Max
How to switch users on HBO Max is a setting provided to make sure that subscribers are comfortable with the kind of movies in the type of profile they opted for.
Some profiles contain videos suitable for those under the age of 13, some are suitable for those under 18. Others are suitable for those above 18, and some other kinds of profiles.
Here is how to switch users on HBO Max:
- On the HBO Max homepage, tap on the Profile icon.
- Select the Switch Profiles icon.
- Then choose the profile suitable for you, your siblings, or your children.
See Also: How To Watch TNT On Roku For FREE
How To Kick Someone Off HBO Max
You can kick someone off your HBO Max due to some reason. It could be that you might have given off the password to so many people. Or the HBO Max users might be crossing boundaries with the kind of movies they watch and many other reasons.
After disconnecting them, they will need the password to reconnect to the account. It now depends on whether or not you wish to give them the login details.
This is how to kick someone off your account on HBO Max:
- You can log in either from the website or from the app and click on the Profile icon.
- Click on the Manage Device icon.
- Then, choose to click the “X” sign beside any user you want to remove. Or you can sign all accounts out or remove them.
After you have carried out the following steps, other HBO Max users will be successfully removed or signed out.
Can You Bypass The HBO Max Screen Limit?
You may have wanted to join an HBO Max account just to find out that they already have met the maximum screen limit.
At this point, you may ask questions like “how can I bypass the maximum screen limit?” But the shocking news is that you can’t bypass it unless someone signs out for you to sign in.
Another solution to trying to bypass the screen limit is to download the movies of your choice and watch them offline. Whereas others can watch theirs online if the screen limit has already been reached.
The downside to downloading & watching offline is that you have 30 days to watch what you’ve downloaded. And once you start watching the movie you downloaded, you just have 48 hours to watch all of them.
The account has the right to download about 30 movies that can be shared amongst the profiles.
How Does HBO Max Compare To Other Services?
Asides from HBO Max there are other services like Netflix, Apple Tv+, Disney+, Paramount+, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu on-demand.
Just as the mode of operation of HBO Max is different, that is also how the services of others differ. Here’s the difference between the service companies:
- Netflix: The maximum screen limit is 4 and can be viewed on any device of your choice.
- Apple Tv+: Its maximum screen limit is 6 and can be viewed across any Apple device.
- Disney+: The maximum screen limit is 4 per account.
- Amazon Prime Video: The screen limit for this service is 3 for an account.
- Hulu On-Demand: The screen limit for this service is 2 for each account.
From the above comparisons, HBO Max is beating most of the service companies in screen limit and is also affordable.
HBO Max is one of the top service companies that provide top-notch services and values customers’ privacy. It also provides a platform for kids to watch with adults on the same account.
In addition, HBO Max users will also need a password to switch to another profile they didn’t sign up for.
FAQs on HBO Max Users
If you wish to cancel your subscription to HBO Max:
1. Go to your profile.
2. Choose Subscription or Settings.
3. Then tap on Manage Subscription.
4. Now, cancel the subscription.
You can’t get it for free. But you will be given a 30-day free trial to enjoy all HBO Max has to offer to its customers.
The plans are available on HBO Max ranging from $10 – $15 per month.
Netflix has more subscribers compared to HBO Max. This is because Netflix has penetrated almost all countries, if not all.
Whereas HBO Max is yet to achieve that. Netflix subscribers sum up to 221.64 million while HBO Max is 76.8 million subscribers.
- windowsdispatch.com – how to add manage switch profile on HBO max
- lifewire.com – HBO max device limit
- flixed.io – HBO max simultaneous
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately