To watch TNT on Roku, you must subscribe to a streaming service that broadcasts TNT (Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, or DIRECTV Stream). If you already have a TNT Drama membership and want to stream content directly from one of the supported devices listed above, you’ll need to go through the extra hoop to activate it first.
You’ll need to use an activation code for some supported devices to ensure your Internet connection is stable. To make things easier for you, we have put together a series of contractors to help you in the process of activating TNT on Roku.
TNT or Cable?
For fans of live TV programs – such as the shows you’ll find on TNT – giving up cable or satellite TV can feel like losing a lot. Live TV has a certain appeal that no amount of on-demand content can match.
Fortunately, live television is something that the cord-cutting world can match because many streaming services mimic the cable model without imitating its exorbitant price.
This means that fans of network TV live – including fans of drama and other TNT programs – can watch all their favorites without cable.
Why am I getting an activation error with TNT?
TNT activation error usually occurs when you try to activate a program for the first time. Because the program does not have a login screen, it must be activated through another device, such as a laptop or tablet.
No matter how you see the error, you can take a few steps to get TNT (or other channels) to work on your Roku again.
One of the reasons for the problem with activating the TNT program may be the power of Wi-Fi. If the signal is too weak, the program will have problems connecting.
Another possible reason is a forgotten or incorrect password or cookies stored in your web browser. If you are prone to streaming in many different programs, too much data may be stored in your cookie cache. It is always a good idea to clear your cache occasionally if you plan to use many different streaming programs.
ALSO CHECK: Best USA Network TV Shows in 2023
How to watch TNT on Roku for FREE
- Subscribe to the streaming service that broadcasts TNT (Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV or DIRECTV Stream)
- In the Roku menu, go to “Search” and press “OK” on the remote control
- Enter the name of the streaming service you subscribed to in the search bar
- Select the streaming service and press OK.
- Select “Add channel,” press “OK” on the remote control. If the channel is already installed, the option will be “Go to channel.”
- The program is now installed on your Roku. Open the application and sign in using the credentials you used to subscribe to the service. TNT will be a channel available through the Live TV Guide.
How To Watch TNT on Your Device
We can do the following to make TNT work on our device. Although the following steps use Hulu Live TV and Roku to watch TNT, most streaming services and devices have the same process.
- Go to the feed store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the Channel Store.
- Find the TNT channel.
- Add the TNT application to your device and open it.
- Your Roku device will show the activation code and URL.
- Use a browser on your computer or mobile device to navigate to the URL.
- You will then be asked to provide a TV service provider and username/password. Enter the username and password you use for your Hulu Live TV account.
- When you log in to the TNT website, the TV screen will refresh. You should now have access to all the video content provided by the application.
What to do when the TNT Roku App Doesn’t Activate
- Clear your browser’s cookies. This is the most common activation problem for TNT. Because you use a web browser to activate the program, your cookies may need to be deleted. This process is similar in several different web browsers, including Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
- Check the strength of the wireless signal. A bad wireless connection can significantly affect the quality of your streaming session. If the signal strength on your Roku is poor, your device may have trouble entering the TNT streaming program.
- Open the Roku home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Settings> Network.
- The signal strength will be displayed on the screen as Excellent, Good, Satisfactory, or Poor.
- If the signal strength is normal or poor, you can restart Roku, restart your router and modem, or get a Wi-Fi signal booster.
- Because Roku devices do not have a physical power button, you will need to turn off Roku completely to perform a hard reboot. Unplug the power cord, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it in again.
- Reinstall the TNT channel. There are cases when the TNT channel is damaged. To resolve this issue, try uninstalling the program from your Roku, then reinstall the channel to start over.
- When you remove a channel from your Roku device, you will lose all login settings in this application.
- Drop your Roku. If all else fails, try resetting your Roku box or flash drive. Resetting to factory settings is the last resort, but it can fix many bugs that can’t be fixed with the steps above.
- Resetting your Roku to factory settings will delete all installed channels and all your network data, as well as any personal data or settings. This should be a last resort and you should make sure that all your usernames and passwords are stored elsewhere before starting the process.
You don’t need a cable TV subscription to watch TNT. You can watch TNT shows online as soon as they air on TV. All you need is a streaming device like a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or a Smart TV and a live TV streaming service that carries TNT.
Live streams and on-demand entertainment from TBS and TNT are now available on Roku streaming players and Roku TV models in the U.S. Customers who subscribe to TBS or TNT through a participating cable, satellite or telco provider can access live East and West streams of the TBS and TNT.
Download and install the TNT app for Roku.
Launch the application and go to the Settings section.
Select the activation option and note the activation code that displays on the screen.
Go to tntdrama.com/activate and select your device.
Enter your Roku login information and then select your TV service provider.
How to Watch TNT Without Cable TV. Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV and YouTube TV include TNT in their channel lineups. Each live TV service has no contracts, or free trials and works on Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast with Google TV and other Android TV devices.
Watch TNT with any Hulu plan starting at $6.99/month. New subscribers only.
You can watch Tnt without cable on Sling, Sling Orange, DirecTV Stream, Hulu, YouTube TV, or Spectrum TV.
Roku does not offer TV subscriptions – since TNT is a subscription-based TV channel, you’ll need subscriber credentials from your cable/sat/etc. Provider to login/authenticates your subscription to access the content on the app.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.