Have you ever been underwater for a long time in Minecraft and kept resurfacing for air? You might have wished there was a way to avoid that. Fortunately, you can use the water breathing potion effect in Minecraft to achieve that.
The Minecraft water breathing potion lets you last underwater without a breath meter for about 3/8 minutes. This article will teach you how to make a water breathing potion in Minecraft, the required ingredients, and many others.
Table of Contents
What Is a Water Breathing Potion?
This potion is what allows you to breathe and stay longer underwater without fear of dying or drowning. There are different versions of water breathing potions. And it helps players to destroy underwater monuments, fight sea critters, and even mine underwater easily.
Making a water breathing potion is not easy but if you follow the steps accordingly, you will have the right result.
Items Needed To Make a Water Breathing Potion In Minecraft
Making a Minecraft water breathing potion requires some items and careful steps to get your desired result. To make the water breathing potion, you need the following items:
- A crafting table. It should be done with 4 wood planks.
- Brewing stand. It should be crafted with 1 blaze rod and 3 cobblestones.
- 1 blaze powder. It should be made from 1 blaze rod.
- A water bottle.
- 1 nether wart.
- A puffer fish.
To make other versions of the breathing potion, you should add:
- Dragon’s breath
Although you can get the water breathing potion by combining these items, it is also possible to get the potion from witches. Whenever witches visit an area, they drop the breathing potion as well as other potions.
How To Make a Water Breathing Potion In Minecraft
After gathering the required ingredients to make the Minecraft water breathing potion, then follow the steps below to begin making one.
Here is how to make a water breathing potion:
- Craft the blaze powder with 1 blaze rod. The blaze rod can be gotten from the nether or the nether fortress. And you’ll need to kill blazes to acquire this blaze rod when you get to the fortress.
- Use any wood of your choice to make a crafting table. It should be done using four wood planks.
- Place the crafting table on the ground and use it to open the 3×3 grid.
- Make a brewing stand by placing a blaze rod in the middle of the top row and three cobblestones in the second row. It can also be stolen from villages/villagers. Or you can find it in igloos with a basement.
- Place the brewing stand on the ground and open the brewing menu with it.
- Add the blaze powder to the box on the upper left-hand of the brewing menu. This is to activate the brewing stand and make it effective.
- Next, add 1 water bottle to one of the 3 boxes at the bottom of the brewing menu. You can make more water breathing potions by adding more water bottles to the other two bottom boxes.
- Add the nether wart to the top box of the brewing menu. When the brewing process is complete, the water bottles will contain an awkward potion. You can also find nether in the nether fortresses.
- You can now add a puffer fish to the top box of the brewing menu.
- After this stage, the awkward potion will be replaced with a water breathing potion.
- To make the potion last longer, you will need to add the Redstone to the potion. However, this is optional.
- If you want to be able to use the potion on another player, add gunpowder to the potion.
You have succeeded in making a Minecraft water breathing potion.
Read this article to find out: What do Axolotls eat in Minecraft
When Should Players Use The Water Breathing Potion?
With the help of a breathing potion, you’ll find loot located underwater in shipwrecks, ruins, and even treasure maps that can lead you to buried hearts & diamonds treasure of the sea.
You cannot only use the water breathing potion to survive underwater, you can also use them to defeat the Elder guardian inside an ocean monument. Additionally, it helps you through underwater dungeons as they are difficult to go through without the breathing potion. They also have difficult enemies.
If a player wants to get his hands on sponge blocks, Prismarine, and the gold treasure in these monuments, he must invest in water breathing potions.
Are There Other Alternatives To a Minecraft Water Breathing Potion?
Making the Minecraft water-breathing potion may seem difficult, which is why some players prefer alternatives. Here are the alternatives you can choose over the breathing potion:
- You can use a turtle shell to make a turtle shell helmet. It comes with a breathing effect which gives the players extra 10 seconds underwater.
- Doors can create air pockets underwater. Place a door underwater and open it to create a water-free space that can be moved to replenish breathing.
- Other items that can help with an underwater mission are stone cutters, banners, and cakes.
How To Create a Conduit
A conduit is one of the most powerful items in Minecraft. They are structures that when built give the player conduit power. This conduit power gives them unlimited breath underwater, night vision, and faster mining speed underwater. But all these benefits are only possible if you are close to a conduit.
To create a conduit, the players will need to get 8 nautilus shells, and one heart of the sea. You can find the nautilus shells from defeating the drowned that carries them or within a treasure chest that is located in the shipwrecks. While you can find the heart of the sea in a treasure chest, it is difficult to find.
To build a conduit, the players will need to place the heart of the sea on the crafting table and place the nautilus shells around it. Once you have created the conduit item, you will need to build a conduit housing by using prismarine. You will need about 57 prismarines to make enough blocks to house the conduit and activate it.
With the knowledge you’ve gained from this article, you should be able to make a water breathing potion in Minecraft. You can also loot shipwrecks and underwater treasure chests. Although the items may be difficult to find when you can gather them you will be able to go underwater.
FAQs On How To Make a Water Breathing Potion
Nether wart is a kind of crop you can find in and around nether fortresses and inside chests within the fortress. You cannot see them grow in the overworld. It is red and can often be seen growing beside stairwells in patches. In addition, it only grows in soul sand.
A turtle shell will give the water breathing effect but it won’t be as effective as the breathing potion. Without enchantments, the turtle shell can’t be compared to the breathing potion.
There is the respiration enchantment which determines how long you can stay underwater.
- gamerant.com – Minecraft potion water breathing guide
- lifewire.com – what does the potion of water breathing do
- sportskeeda.com – how to make water breathing potions
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.