Share extensions are a terrific way to increase the functionality of your iPad as you can share photographs, websites, notes, and every other important information by pressing the share icon on the iPad’s UI.
By giving you access to crucial features and enabling you to share content across the many apps on your iPad, action extensions and share extensions may both streamline your workflow. Funnily enough, you can do this without having to leave the safari.
Read this article to learn how you can share icon(s) with others and even more, to yourself!
About the Share Button
Depending on the program you’re on, the location of the share button varies. However, it is typically either at the top or bottom of the screen. The common share button is a box with an arrow pointing out of the top.
Basically, it is blue though other applications employ other hues. When you want to share icon and you hit a share button, a menu with other sharing options appears.
What you do with the share menu depends on what feature you’re on as it is always context sensitive. Hence, here are the items you can find in the share menu.
Read Also: How To Change Screen Time Passcode On iPhone & iPad
Items in the Share Menu
- Message: You can send a text message using the button. If it sees a photo, it will attach it.
- Mail: Clicking this will launch the mail program but before sending the mail, you can enter more text.
- iCloud: This feature allows you to save files. You can also select which photo stream to use when saving a photo.
- Twitter/Facebook: For these two to function on your iPad, you must link to the services. To use on the share menu, you can change your status on either of the platforms.
- Flickr/Vimeo: Similar to Twitter and Facebook, you must link your iPad to Flickr and Vimeo in the device’s settings. They will also be visible when it is appropriate.
- Copy: If you wish to copy a picture and paste in another program, you can use the Copy option to copy your selection to the clipboard.
- Slideshow: This option allows you to select several images and launch a slideshow with them.
- AirPlay: When your iPad is connected to your TV via AirPlay, you can show a picture or a movie to everyone in the room if you have an Apple TV.
- Assign to Contact: This feature allows a contact’s picture to appear on your screen when they either phone or text you.
- Use as Wallpaper: You can assign pictures to become the wallpaper of your lock screen, home screen, or both.
- Print: You can use the share menu to print documents if you have an iPad-compatible or AirPrint printer.
How to use AirDrop to Share Icon
Did you know AirDrop is the simplest way to send someone sitting next to you or at your table contact information, website, photo, song, or an icon? While only people in your contacts list will appear using this, you can change the settings on your iPad.
If they have AirDrop enabled, and are in your contact list, a button with their profile photo will pop up. Tap the button, and it will ask them to confirm the AirDrop.
How to Configure Sharing for Outside Apps
To share icons with third-party apps, you will need to complete a simple setup. What you should do is:
- Access the share menu by tapping the share button
- Scroll down to the top row until you get to a More button with three dots as the icon, tap it to access a new menu
- There will be a selection of sharing options when you tap the button.
- To enable sharing, turn the switch adjacent to an available app to the on/green position.
- By touching and holding the three horizontal lines next to the application and swiping your finger up or down the list, you can reorder the Share menu selections
- To save your changes, tap the Done icon at the top of the screen.
- These adjustments also apply to the second row of buttons
- You can add them to the second row and arrange the icons if you have Dropbox, Google Drive, or other file-sharing accounts.
Also Read: Disable Screen Mirroring on iPhone, Android & Windows
What Else Can the Share Button Be Used For?
Wondering what else you can use the share button for besides sharing icon? Under the Safari share menu, the web age reading, sharing, and saving tins are available and you can perform the following tasks using this screen.
- Message: This option can be used to send a link to your buddy via SMS
- Email: Here’s how to email a link under this option. Select and access the write email box, and enter a message to go with the link.
- AirDrop: If adjacent iPads are both equipped with AirDrop, you can quickly exchange files with them. To share a webpage, photo, or anything else, tap their contact picture in the AirDrop section.
- Add to Notes: If you don’t want to bookmark a website but still want to save the link for later use, you can choose this option. Although adding a note allows you to access the link from any device using iCloud, adding to the reading list is still a viable method for this.
- Add PDF to iBooks: With this feature, any web age can be converted to a PDF. It duplicates all of a website’s content, including pictures, graphics, and diagrams.
- Print: If you have an AirPrint printer, you may easily print a web age.
The share icon button’s location varies depending on what app you’re on. However, it is typically either at the top or bottom of the screen.
Items you can find n the share menu include: iCloud, Mail, Vimeo, Message, Slideshow, AirPlay, etc.
Sure, you can. Here are a few other things you can do with it.
Add PDF to iBooks
- Lifewire.com – share photos websites and files
- iPhonelife.com – how to rearrange app icons share tab
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.