Whether or not you’re watching movies, making stunning backgrounds, or playing high-resolution games, nothing could present itself as more fun other than screen mirroring where you wirelessly display the content of your phone on another screen. While it can be fun, it is sometimes very difficult to turn off.
Worse is, once you mistakenly activate it, you put your privacy at risk. To not let that happen, this article will show you how to disable screen mirroring on iPhone, Android, and, windows devices. Kindly read through.
Table of Contents
What Is Screen Mirroring?
This is a method of displaying the contents of an Android, Windows, or Apple device on a television or projector. You can use a wireless connection to connect the devices involved in the screen mirroring procedure.
With screen mirroring, you can mirror media items such as personal images, music, films, and games. Now, we will look at how to disable screen mirroring on various devices there are. So, whichever you own, there is something for you.
How Screen Mirroring Works
Wireless screen mirroring works in the same way that a wired connection, such as an MHL cable, does. The only thing you do not need is running cables from one device to another. Most modern devices such as the iPhone, android have wireless display technologies built right in, such as Miracast.
This Miracast eliminates the need for an HDMI cable when sharing the screen of a mobile device with a television. It is ready to use on most Android and Windows devices. Apple products use their own wireless display technology; Airplay, which isn’t compatible with Miracast.
How to Disable Screen Mirroring on iPhone
There is a feature on the iPhone that allows one to stream or mirror the screen of an iPhone to other devices. It is called AirPlay and the only way to stop it from mirroring your screen is to turn it off. These are the steps to follow.
- Swipe up the screen to access the control panel
- On your display, see the screen mirroring option
- When you click it, you’ll see a stop screen mirroring option which you should pick
- When you tap stop mirroring, you’re done.
However, if you don’t plan to use this feature for a long time, you can simply turn it off in your settings, and here’s how to do so.
- Select General from the settings menu on your iPhone
- When the drop-down option appears, choose AirPlay & handoff
- Choose the first option, and automatically AirPlay to TVs
- The three options provided are automatic, ask, and never. Select never to turn off AirPlay for good.
How To Disable Screen Mirroring on Android
Although different android device makers have distinct features, they all have a feature called casting or screen casting that can be used in certain situations. Screen mirroring is also available on android phones.
Simply swipe down the control panel on your phone’s screen to expose hidden quick options, and you’ll find the screen casting sign among the quick links.
- You can also find this option in your phone’s setting section. Once you locate it, tap it once to look for devices that are compatible.
- End the search by taking it one more time. This disallows the android device from connecting to any other devices within the brand range.
- Push the screen mirroring or screen casting slider to the left to the off position to turn it entirely off.
How to Disable Screen Mirroring on Windows
On the Windows device, screen mirroring is also known as ‘projecting to this PC.’ You most likely have that to help enable mirroring if you want to turn this function off. Disabling screen mirroring here means turning it off.
Below are the steps to disable screen mirroring on Windows 10.
- Open system settings from the settings menu
- Scroll down to the projecting to this PC setting in the left column
There are three menus to choose from. When you declare it’s OK, some Windows devices can project to this PC, according to the first one. The three options to choose from are: Available Everywhere on Secure Networks, Available Everywhere, and Always Off. Select the Always Off to disable screen mirroring.
If you don’t intend to project in the future, select the second option, Ask to project to this PC. There, you’ll have two choices; once only or every time a connection is requested. Choose the second option.
Require PIN for pairing can be enabled if you want further greater security. Simply choose Always from the drop-down menu.
This PC can only be discovered for projection when it is plugged into a power supply, according to a button at the bottom. To turn it on, simply slide the toggle.
Also Check Out: How To Delete Hidden Apps On iPhone | Easy Steps
How do I know if my Screen Mirroring is Off?
Did you know you can disable the screen mirroring function on your device mistakenly and not know when it happened? To confirm that it is up and running, we would outline ways to check across all devices.
On an iPhone;
- Go to the control center and open it
- Select screen mirroring from the drop-down menu
- When you tap on it, you’ll be able to see if any devices are mirroring your screen. If there isn’t, your screen mirroring was probably turned off.
On an Android;
If you have an android, here’s how to know if the screen mirroring feature on your phone is active or off.
- On your home screen, look for the screencast or smart view option in the fast links panel
- Tap it to see whether any linked devices for screen mirroring are displayed. If there isn’t, your screen mirroring is probably off.
Screen mirroring is a method of displaying the contents of an Android, Windows, or Apple device on a television or projector.
This activity between devices is safe because the encryption on the wireless presentation system makes it nearly impossible to be hacked.
The wireless display technology on the iPhone is called AirPlay.
When you use a wireless display technology like the Miracast to mirror your screen, you’re essentially creating a direct wireless connection between the transmitting and receiving devices. Hence, no need for an internet connection.
That’s it! All there is to know about how to disable screen mirroring on Android, iPhone, and Windows devices have been outlined above. In the introductory part, I said there is a method for every device. So, carefully read through the options and choose whichever matches your current device.
- screenbeam.com – screen mirroring-what is it and how to use it
- businessinsider – how to use airplay on an iPad to stream content or mirror your screen
- technewstoday – how to turn off screen mirroring
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.