If you are a T-Mobile customer and you see the ‘Not Registered on Network’ error, it can be frustrating because you will be limited to exploring the full functions of your phone.
But do not worry, In this article, we have outlined a few solutions that should help you fix the problem.
What is T-Mobile?
T-Mobile is a mobile phone network that offers a wide range of high-tech gadgets to its customers. Mobile phones are one of the most popular gadgets on the T-Mobile network. In addition to offering standard phone plans, T-Mobile also allows customers to customize their phone’s plan to meet their specific needs.
Why does my T-Mobile Phone Say Not Registered on Network?
If your T-Mobile is showing Not Registered on Network, it could be because of the following reasons
- Wrong Network: Your phone may be connected to another network instead of the stipulated one. This can be resolved by checking your network settings.
- No Signal/Network coverage: The area may be devoid of signal thereby making T-Mobile’s network unreachable.
- An issue with the Simcard: Your Simcard may have an issue with its placement or worse, it could be damaged thereby restricting it from connecting to your mobile operator’s network.
How to Fix Not Registered on Network for T-Mobile
If you see a message that says “Not Registered on Network,” or can’t establish a wireless connection to the T-Mobile voice network. Please try the following steps:
1. Restart Your Mobile Phone
There may be a glitch with your phone, and a hardware reset is important to run. Do this by,
- Restarting your device. Switch off your device for at least 2 minutes and switch it on
- Toggling Airplane mode on and off. If you don’t see this option, it may be in a different location depending on your phone model and Android version. To find it, swipe down from the top of your screen, then tap the Airplane icon
- Clear App Data And Reboot The Android Device. The device will perform a restart on its own.
- Turn off Wi-Fi calling and turn it back on.
2. Check for updates to the T-Mobile network.
Your phone is due for another software update as you may be running on an old version. Older software versions cause the phone to lag occasionally. To reset this update the most recent version.
- Navigate to Settings
- Check for System Updates.
- You will be notified of a Software version needed. Make sure you are connected to a steady WiFi for the internet.
- Download the latest software update
- Reboot your device to activate it.
3. Change your APN settings.
- Tap on Settings
- Select Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Add the APN settings from T-mobile’s website and select them.
- If APN protocol is set to IPV6, change it to IPV4.
- Reboot your device to effect the changes.
4. Add a SIM Card From A Different Carrier
If your phone is not registered on the network, you will not be able to make or receive calls. The first thing you need to do is make sure that your phone is compatible with the network. If it is, then you need to check the SIM card to see if it is activated. If it is not, then you will need to contact your carrier to have it activated or add a sim card from a different carrier.
5. Connect Manually to T-Mobile Operator
T-Mobile may not automatically be connected or set as a default network operator on your phone. Nevertheless, this issue can be fixed manually.
- Launch the Settings app
- Select Connections/Wireless/Networks. This varies by each android device
- Click on Mobile Operators.
- Tap Search Now. This manually searches for a list of available networks in your area.
- Select T-Mobile from the search list to establish the connection.
6. Reset Your Network Frequency
The T-Mobile network covers more areas than its competitors with better connectivity and fewer dropped connections. Albeit, this may be a disadvantage in rural areas where there are few cell towers. We suggest switching from 2G, and 3G to a higher bandwidth like 4G, 5G or LTE. To switch between frequencies:
- Visit Settings and Select Mobile Data
- Tap on Network Settings and Network Frequency.
- Choose a higher frequency and check if it is compatible with T-Mobile’s network.
7. Factory reset your device.
Performing a factory reset on your device can be helpful. This clears all apps and data from your phone. Make sure your data is backed up by Google before this action is carried out.
- Launch the Settings app on your phone.
- Select General & Backup and reset.
- Click on Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset device.
- Then Delete all.
8. Contact The T-Mobile Customer Service
T-Mobile operates standard customer support established to keep a connection with its users. They answer their customer support emails and troubleshoot technical issues with their cell phones. A great way to resolve your phone not registered on the network is to contact its support.
If your phone is not registered on the network it can be quite frustrating as you will not be able to do the basics such as make or receive calls. However, there are many ways to troubleshoot your phone if it displays such issues. The first thing you need to do is make sure that your phone is compatible with the network. Then follow the steps outlined to you in this article. If the issue still persists contact your carrier or T-Mobile support centre to resolve it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to my T-Mobile.com and select SIGN UP.
Enter your information and select Sign me up.
Verify: Enter a 6-digit verification code sent to your email address, and phone number or use the account pin given during activation.
Select Next, then follow the on-screen steps to complete the registration.
An issue with the sim card or plate.
No network coverage and the phone may be connected to the wrong network.
Restart your Mobile Phone
Check for T-Mobile updates
Change your APN Settings
Also, Contact T-Mobile customer care service
Add a Sim card from a different carrier
Reset your Network
*2767*3855# and *#*#7780#*#* are used as the T-Mobile Reset Code
Firstly, Restart your Samsung Galaxy device
Update APN settings
Reinsert your Sim card
Manually select the network to use
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.