Players in Minecraft can make fluids that give them exceptional powers and momentary effects in the world. These fluids are referred to as mundane potions. You can find a mundane potion in the Minecraft world or players can manually create them.
Furthermore, you can find potions inside shipwreck chests, village chests, and other uncommon areas all around the Minecraft world. Players must use a brewing stand and gather all the ingredients for a certain potion to make it.
Keep reading to find out how to make a mundane potion in Minecraft.
Uses of Mundane Potion In Minecraft
Of what use is the mundane potion in Minecraft? It’s quite difficult to pinpoint the actual purpose of this potion in Minecraft because players require it to brew many Minecraft potions.
Generally, the mundane potion is of no use rather than being an ingredient for Potions of Weakness. Players can brew normal mundane potions using one of the many base ingredients to make a regular Potion of Weakness. Or they can brew an Extended Mundane Potion using Redstone Dust to make an Extended Potion of Weakness.
The Minecraft mundane potion is a vital ingredient needed to brew the potion of weakness that’s important in the game. This potion of weakness can be used to cure zombie villagers.
In the Minecraft game, the potion of weakness is helpful since you can use it to lessen players’ attack damage for a minute and a half.
Recipes For Mundane Potion In Minecraft
The following are the recipes for a mundane potion in Minecraft:
- Glistering melon (made from gold nuggets and melon)
- Spider eyes (dropped from spiders)
- Magma cream (crafted from slimeball and blaze powder)
- Sugar (gotten from sugarcane)
- Blaze powder (obtained from Blaze Rods)
- Ghast tears (dropped from Ghasts)
- Redstone Dust (gotten from mining)
- Rabbits’ feet (obtained from rabbits)
You also need these materials:
- Crafting table (crafted from 4 planks)
- Brewing stand (obtained from a Blaze Rod and four cobblestones)
- Blaze powder (crafted from Blaze Rod)
- Water bottle (obtained from glass)
Check Out: How to Make a Water Breathing Potion In Minecraft
How to Make a Mundane Potion In Minecraft
To make a Mundane Potion in Minecraft, you must first make a Crafting Table, then make a Brewing Stand. Additionally, you must find or create a glass bottle, fill it up with water, then craft or find one of the recipes you can use to make a Mundane Potion in Minecraft.
Below is how to brew a Mundane Potion in Minecraft:
- To create a crafting table, put four planks in your major crafting interface.
- Set up the crafting table.
- To create a glass bottle, place three glass blocks in your Crafting Table interface.
- Equip the glass bottle and you can fill it by interacting with a water source.
- To create a Brewing Stand, place a Blaze Rod and 3 cobblestones in the Crafting Table interface.
- Set the Brewing Stand.
- In the Brewing Stand interface, place the Blaze Powder.
- Next, put the water bottle in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Put glistering melon, spider eyes, magma cream, sugar, blaze powder, ghast tears, rabbit’s foot, or Redstone dust in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Immediately after the bubbles finish, your mundane potion is ready.
How to Brew a Mundane Splash Potion In Minecraft
Although a Mundane Potion is not useful in Minecraft, you can still convert it into a Splash Potion. You simply require a Mundane Potion, some gunpowder, and a powered-up Brewing Stand. However, you can kill a Creeper to get gunpowder if you don’t have it.
Below is how to brew a Mundane Splash Potion in Minecraft:
- Put a Mundane Potion in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Next, add gunpowder to the Brewing Stand interface.
- Your Mundane Potion is ready as soon as the bubbles finish.
When to Use It
Here’s when to use a Mundane Splash Potion:
- You can launch Splash Potions from dispensers to release large volumes.
- Splash water bottles will deal a point of damage to blazes and endermen. When thrown at a block, they will release fires and their flame-quenching effects get to the four blocks around the impact block.
- When you throw a Splash Potion of weakness at a zombie villager and feed it a golden apple, it cures it of its zombification.
- The Splash Potion of healing harms undead mobs—wither skeletons, zombie pigmen, zombies, skeletons, chicken jockeys, the wither, and spider jockeys.
Related: How to Make a Shield Minecraft | Step By Step Guide
How to Brew a Mundane Lingering Potion
Granted, you can convert a Mundane Splash Potion into a Mundane Lingering Potion. But it isn’t a good idea. You’ll need a Dragon’s Breath (a rare ingredient) to make a Mundane Lingering Potion. Thus, it’s a waste of resources since the Mundane Potion is not useful.
Here’s how to brew a Mundane Lingering Potion:
- Put a Mundane Splash Potion into the Brewing Stand interface.
- Remove the gunpowder that’s left and put the Dragon’s Breath into the Brewing Stand interface (that’s if you just created a Mundane Splash Potion).
- Your potion is ready once the bubbles finish.
Generally, a Mundane Potion in Minecraft has no purpose. However, it can be used as an ingredient for brewing the Potion of Weakness.
Furthermore, you can turn a Mundane Potion into a Splash Potion. To do this, you’ll need a Mundane Potion, some gunpowder, and a powered-up Brewing Stand.
FAQs On How to Make a Mundane Potion In Minecraft
Dragon’s breath is used on Splash Potion to brew lingering potions in Minecraft after brewing a Splash Potion. Players can add different effects to these lingering potions (such as invisibility, strength, poison, etc). Furthermore, you can throw lingering potions at players and on the ground.
Thick Potion is a brewable item that is not useful and has no effects.
You can brew Glowstone dust in a water bottle to make a thick potion. It strengthens the potions of Strength, Swiftness, Poison, Healing, Regeneration, and Harming.
The Long Mundane Potion, otherwise known as a Mundane Potion Extended, is obtained only in Creative. When you add Redstone to a water bottle in a Brewing Stand, it only creates a normal Mundane Potion rather than a Long Mundane Potion. Long Mundane Potions are used to make extended weakness potions.
In the real sense, a Mundane Potion has no purpose in the Minecraft game. It is simply a brewable potion in the game without any actual effect when it’s used. This potion is used to make other potions. So, it can be used as an ingredient for brewing the potion of weakness.
- gurugamer.com – Minecraft mundane potion-
- minecraft.net – how brew and use splash potions
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.