Your Google Home device lets you listen to music, check the weather, control your smart lights, and conveniently set alarms. During the day, you might decide to increase the volume and brightness while listening to music. But as it gets late, you discover that your device is too bright and loud. This is when to turn on night mode for your Google Home.
The Night mode feature on your Google Home device automatically decreases your device’s speaker volume and your smart display(s) brightness. Furthermore, you can customize it to block notifications from broadcasts, reminders, etc.
This guide will teach you how to turn on Night mode on your Google Home devices!
Table of Contents
What is Nightmode?
Night mode is a feature on your Google Home device that keeps it silent at night. You should consider changing this setting if you don’t like how bright and loud your device is when you’re about to go to bed. Immediately you turn it on; it reduces the brightness of your display or the volume of your speaker to avoid any form of disturbance.
How To Turn on Night Mode on Your Google Home Devices
Activating night mode on your Google Home devices is very easy. All you require is internet access, your smartphone, and the Google Home app. Then, follow the steps below to enable night mode.
- Open the Google Home app on your iOS or Android device.
- Ensure you’re logged into an account that is associated with your Google Home device. Otherwise, switch your account.
- Click the Settings gear icon at the upper right side of your screen.
- Go to General, click Notifications & Digital Wellbeing> Night mode.
- Activate the toggle switch beside Enable Night mode.
- Choose the days and times you want night mode to be active.
- If you wish, turn on Do Not Disturb. It will disable your notifications whenever night mode is enabled. Even though you turn on Do Not Disturb, you can still use reminders on your Google Home device. However, you will not hear the sound. But this does not apply to timers and alarms.
- Adjust the slider to your desired preference for maximum volume at night and LED brightness at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Launch the Google Home app. Afterward, long-press your device’s tile. Then, go to Device Features and click Display. Under Theme, choose the option you desire. Choose Light if you want it to always use light theme settings.
On your Android, click Settings, then Display. Afterward, turn on the dark theme.
Dark mode has less blue light, and this reduces eye blinking and fatigue, particularly in low-light conditions. It also helps you to get better sleep.
Activating night mode on your Google Home device allows you to unwind, relax, and sleep peacefully at night without any form of disturbance. And you can tell it to perform a task whenever you want, without worrying about its volume and brightness.
pcmag.com – How to Get Better Sleep With Google Home Night Mode