Purchasing an item on eBay is as easy as searching for that item in the search box. But to find a seller on eBay, you must dig deeper into the search options.
Perhaps you bought an item from a particular seller on eBay and want to buy from them again. In this case, you will need to search for that specific seller.
But what if you have no idea how to go about it? Well, this guide is for people like you. You will learn how to find a seller on eBay by username, item, via your purchases history, and by mobile app.
We also provide some tips to help you have a smooth search.
How to Find a Seller on eBay Through its Mobile App
The eBay mobile app makes it less stressful to find a seller. So if you’re using an Android, iPad, or iPhone, you can quickly get it done with the following steps.
- Navigate to the eBay app.
- Click on the search box at the top of the home screen.
- Then, enter the ID of the seller you want to find.
- Afterward, click on the option that says Search for a User in the search results.
- Boom! You will now see the items listed by that particular seller.
How to Find a Seller on eBay Using a Web Browser
If you enjoyed your shopping experience with a particular seller on eBay, you might want to keep shopping with them.
Or perhaps you found a seller who often lists unique items; you might want to check if there’s something new.
However, finding a seller isn’t as simple as finding an item if you’re using a web browser on your Mac or Windows 10 computer.
To search for a seller:
- Visit eBay’s official website and log in.
- Next, click on Advanced (at the top right side of the search box). You can find this option on almost every page on eBay.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click By Seller (under the sellers’ section).
- Afterward, click the box beside Only show items from. And tap the small circle beside Specific Sellers. Then type in the name or ID of the seller.
- If you have used them before, click My Saved Sellers List to see them on your saved list.
- Finally, click Search; the results will display, and you can find your seller.
How to Search For a Seller on eBay By Item Number
You can also find an eBay seller on the eBay app using an item number.
This can happen if you originally bought an item from the person and want to find the person who sold it.
So, follow the instructions below to do so.
- Go to eBay’s official website and log in.
- Then, click Advanced.
- Click By Item Number.
- Type in the item number.
- Then, click Search.
- Afterward, click the item result.
- Under Seller Information, click the seller username.
- If you also want to check out other things they’re selling, click Visit Store.
How to Find a Seller on eBay Through Your Buying History
Perhaps you purchased an item from a seller and want to buy from that specific seller again; you might have forgotten the seller’s name.
In that case, you can find the seller through your buying history.
Follow these steps to begin:
- Log into eBay’s official website.
- Select My eBay.
- Then, select Purchase History.
- If you’ve checked items without buying any, you can click Recently viewed.
- Search for the relevant item.
- Select the username under Sold By.
- Check their items for sale if you want something similar.
Check out: How to Activate Full-Screen Mode on Google Chrome
Helpful Tips For Finding a Seller On The eBay Mobile App
Asides from understanding how to find eBay sellers on the mobile app, you should also understand the search secrets that enhance your chances of finding a seller on eBay.
Here are some ways to enhance how you find a seller on the eBay mobile app.
- Add your favorite sellers to your saved list. Adding sellers to your favorites automatically adds them to your Saved Seller list.
This lessens the hassle of finding them in the future. To add a seller to your saved list, click Save this Seller under their username.
- Narrow down your results using filters. When searching for a particular item from a seller, you can type in a keyword or an item number to filter the results.
This will be very helpful if the seller stocks many items.
- Check the “shops” tab. If the seller in question has a shop on eBay, search for him under Find Shops.
Type in the shop name or related keywords to find the store. Keywords are helpful if you don’t know the exact name of the store.
From using the seller’s username to the mobile app and buying history, you can find an eBay seller in various ways.
You can also find your favorite seller using an item number. Besides that, we have provided other helpful tips to help make your search easier.
Was this helpful?
FAQs On How to Find a Seller On eBay
Before creating an eBay account, you should choose between a personal and a business account.
A personal account is often for casual sellers, whereas a business account lets you sell large quantities of products.
However, creating a business account requires your business name, business email, address, and tax identification number.
eBay charges two significant fees to sell on its platform—an insertion fee that you pay to create a listing, then the final value fee that you pay when your item sells.
Meanwhile, the fee varies depending on your product’s category, type of listing, any optional listing upgrades you decide to include, and your account’s conduct & performance.
eBay accepts these file formats: AVIF, HEIC, WEBP, BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, or JPEG.
Also, each file size should not be larger than 7MB. And if you’re copying from a web address, the photo can be 12MB.
- community.ebay.com – How to Search by Sellers Name
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com], and actions will be taken immediately.
Leave a Reply