If someone on Snapchat blocks you, you will not be able to see their stories or add them as a friend. This is the same for them as well. You will no longer be able to send snaps, add friends or see your mutual friends’ stories. In this article, we will go over some of the ways how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat.
Signs to Tell If Someone Blocked You on Snapchat
You sent a message and the recipient did not open it
If your friend is showing up on the lists of your other friends except yours, then there is a good chance that he/she has blocked you.
In the event, that the person’s name appears in your search but disappears once you tap on it, this indicates the user is no longer your friend.
They appear offline all the time. A blocked sign is if you cannot seem to find a trace of their recent activity like a snap, story, chat, or location
You can’t see their stories or Snap score.
The contact’s username doesn’t appear under My Friends, and their name doesn’t appear in your search results when you look for them on Snapchat, which could mean they have deleted their account or blocked you.
See Also: What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat
How to know if someone has blocked you on Snapchat
Ways to confirm you are indeed blocked:
The first thing you need to do is check your Snapchat in case they have deleted their account. If they have done this, then it means that there is no way of knowing whether or not they have blocked you on Snapchat. However on an occasion when their account is still active, then you should be able to see whether or not they have blocked you by using the following tricks:
Look for them in the search function.
Type their username on the magnifying glass icon situated at the top-left of your screen. You are blocked if the account does not pop up in your search results. If it does pop up, you are not blocked.
Check your friend list.
If the person’s name doesn’t appear under My Friends, that could mean they have deleted their account or blocked you.
- Open up the Snapchat app on your device and go into the settings menu by tapping on the gear icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Then click on the “Find Friends” bar.
- Once inside this menu, look for their username and then click on it:
- Granted that their profile picture appears next to their username, then it means that they are still online and following your account. If however there is no photo next to their username, then it means that either they have blocked you or deleted their account altogether – in which case there is nothing more
Surely, you must have had a couple of chats and streaks with the person. Simply, tap the chat icon and check your chat history. You are blocked If you cannot seem to find the username and chats.
Try messaging them
If the contact is on your list, Search for your previous chat and try sending a message or snap. When Snapchat displays “Failed to send”, or your sent snap shows “pending” with the grey arrow, this indicates that you have been removed.
Use a different account
Verify that you are blocked by using an alternative account. If you do not have another account, ask a friend to look up the username. The inability to see the contact pop-up indicates your account is by the user. This means that another user can access the person but you have been denied that access.
Also, Recommend: How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat I Easy Guide
What to do When Someone Blocks you on Snapchat
Are you worried you are blocked and can’t figure out why they aren’t responding?
- Don’t panic. Try sending that person a message or snap again to their public account. If they’ve blocked you, you probably won’t hear back. However, if they haven’t blocked you and are just not responding to your messages or snaps, try to think about why they might not be responding to you.
- Do they have their notifications off? Are they just busy with other things right now? There are many reasons that cause their unavailability to respond.
- You can even ask them point-blank: “Did you block me?” If the answer is no, then chances are this is just an issue of messaging timing and not of blocked accounts at all. It’s possible, in fact likely, that the person who blocked you on Snapchat has no idea that they even blocked you. In all likelihood, they were most likely messing with the app and didn’t realize they blocked you and I’m sure they’re going to feel really dumb once they realize what happened.
Unfortunately, there are other ways that someone can ghost on you like blocking or deleting you. But both of these instances are a result of the person on the other end of the snap doing something intentionally. Blocking your contact can stem from an unresolved issue or loss of interest in you. And if they’ve deleted you, well then, it’s a sign that they may not be seeing your snaps anyway.
When you face the issue of blocking, it is important to remember that there is no reason for you to feel embarrassed or ashamed. Life goes on.
FAQ on How to Tell If Someone Blocked You on Snapchat
There are few ways you can know if someone blocked you on Snapchat
1. Search their username
2. Check your recent chat
3. Make sure they are still on your friend list.
Different reasons could trigger blocking on Snapchat, especially on a personal basis. When it occurs, it means you must have crossed a line in some way and they don’t want to interact with you any further. There have been cases where someone has blocked someone on Snapchat who sent them inappropriate messages, so be careful not to do something like that to anyone who may be sensitive.
Blocking from Snapchat states that you will not be able to view snaps, and send or receive messages from your pal. It could mean that they don’t want to interact with you anymore.
Being removed indicates that the person must have removed you from their Friend list but you may still see their chat. While being blocked indicates that you will not see their chat or profile at all
No, you cannot send messages when blocked on Snapchat.
If your Story is made public, then anyone can view it. If it is limited to ‘My Friends’, they cannot view it.
When your number gets blocked, you cannot still add them on Snapchat.
Blocked users won’t be able to find you on Snapchat even if they try. They cannot view your profile, snaps, or stories, or even start a chat with you.
- lifewire.com – how to tell if you are blocked on Snapchat
- africa.businessinsider.com – 3 ways to tell if you have been blocked on Snapchat
- makeuseof.com – how to tell if someone blocked you on Snapchat
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.