I bet there are times you want to scroll through the pages and walls on Instagram without being noticed. Worse is having to watch an Instagram live without having the big announcement that you are online. Well, here’s a little trick to do so anonymously.
However, the big ‘but’ is that while watching an Instagram live is a feature that sounds like a plan, it is almost impossible to do so with complete anonymity especially if the user joins the broadcast with about 10-15 viewers present.
Instagram Live VS VIDEO
Right before we know if you can do great anonymity on Instagram live, it is important to differentiate between Instagram and live and video. So, here’s a snippet.
Going live on Instagram means you want to allow other users to join you and ask as many questions as they would want to keep the chat engaging and then, have you respond to them in a live video.
However, VIDEO allows you to post videos with longer durations which can be as long as 60 minutes but not a file size larger than 3.6 GB.
It is on your VIDEO that you upload your IG live video once the live session is over.
How do I go Live on Instagram?
You would have heard several times that going live on Instagram is very easy but the points below can help you do much better.
- Launch the Instagram app on your gadget
- Hit the plus (+) icon on the screen’s upper right corner. You may find this icon anywhere else on the screen if you register an account.
- Tap the live option to choose it.
- Then, tap on the capture button to start the live video.
Does Instagram let you know when someone Watches a Live video?
Once someone joins your live video, you will receive a notification stating that (username) joined.
The same thing applies to when they leave the live video while you’re still on the session. So, yes it does.
How to Watch Instagram Live Anonymously | Methods
1. Watch Instagram Live videos anonymously by changing your Username and Name
If you want to remain anonymous while watching the Live broadcast on Instagram, you can alter your username and name. Here’s all you need to do.
- Go to the Instagram profile section and select ‘Edit Profile’ to alter the username.
- Delete the current username and input the new username
- Also, change the name if you wish to
- Save the changes by taking the right tick icon in the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
Go on and enjoy your private streaming.
2. After they save the video as an IGTV video, you can watch it anonymously
After a live broadcast is over, the content creator can save the video t IGTV. There, you can watch the video without them knowing.
3. You can create a new account to watch Instagram Live Anonymously
Did you know you can create a new account solely for watching IG Live videos in secret? However, you might need a new email address and mobile number to facilitate that. Here’s what you have to do.
- After you’ve created a new account, follow the creator of the video you want to watch then, block the user.
- Log in to your original account and wait for the Live video to begin. You might either check their account frequently or they might inform you when the next Live video is likely to come up.
- Login to your pseudo account once the Live video starts to unblock the person. View the video in private.
- Block the user and log out of the new account once the Live session is over.
- You’ll have to follow the steps above for when this user or anyone else you wish to watch anonymously goes Live.
This is about the quickest and safest way to watch Instagram Live without them knowing.
4. Use someone else’s account to view Instagram Live Anonymously
You can also sign in to your phone using a friend’s or family member’s ID to keep your identity away while watching Instagram Live.
Before you resort to using this method, ensure you explain to the person whose ID you have collected that you’ll be needing and what exactly it is fr. This is to avert any misunderstanding that may arise from the improper flow of communication.
5. Use online services that let you use Instagram anonymously (Not advisable)
There is a plethora of websites that allow you to watch Instagram Live videos without the users’ knowledge. These as request the user’s username before generating a random username for you.
You can then watch the live video directly on the website.
We, however, do not advise that you use this technique because prior to displaying the live video, you will be required to carry out several tasks such as watching an advertisement or clicking on random links that take you to spammy websites.
So, it’s best to stay away from such websites. At the very least, method 5 should be your last resort, and after you’ve exhausted all other options listed above.
You must be logged in to an account before you can use Instagram and all of its features.
When someone you follow goes Live, their profile picture pops with a vibrant ring around it, and the word ‘live’ shows at the top of the feed. To view, tap or click on their profile picture.
Once a live broadcast is ended, you can tap ‘download video’ to save the video to your phone’s camera roll.
Although there isn’t a direct way to view Instagram live anonymously, you can employ any of the methods above. These work.
However, there are a few caveats to their efficacy.
- tech-latest.com – watch instagram live anonymously
- insta-helper.com – insta-helper.com/en/how-to-watch-live-on-instagram-anonymously/
We also recommend
- The 360 Best Instagram Captions of 2022
- What S4S Means On Instagram
- The Quick Guide to Snapchat Emoji Meanings 2022
- How to Fix Random People Adding Me on Snapchat Problem