Have you been on a phone call or video call in a noisy area and you just wished you could cancel the noise? This is where voice isolation comes in. It separates background noise and focuses on your voice.
However, this can only be possible on iOS 15 versions or newer. Keep reading this article to know how to use voice isolation on your iOS 15 device.
Table of Contents
What Is Voice Isolation?
It is a machine-learning feature that separates background noise from your voice. Thus, it focuses on your voice so that it becomes clear and audible. Though this feature can be nice to use it is also difficult to find on the device.
No matter how noisy the area is, this feature is built to either filter noise or even block noise totally from interfering. You can only enjoy this feature if you use iOS 15 or a later version.
Read this article: Is The iPhone 13 Waterproof?
How To Use Voice Isolation On IOS 15
The voice isolation feature is a very valuable one in iOS 15. It works by blocking background noise during FaceTime calls. You’ll only need a few steps to activate it. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Go to FaceTime on your iPhone.
- Begin an audio or video call with someone.
- Open the Control Center by swiping down from the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on Mic Mode.
- Next, click on Voice isolation.
Note: You’ll only see the Mic Mode setting when you’re on a video or voice call. Aside from this, you won’t see it in the Control Center in any other condition.
- To remove the Control Center and get back to your call, swipe away.
- You have successfully activated voice isolation on your call.
Once you have completed the steps, then you will enjoy making calls even in a noisy environment. Any iOS version below 15 cannot isolate voices. And this amazing feature can only be used when you are on a video or voice call.
Why Should You Use Voice Isolation Mode?
The voice isolation mode is advantageous in different situations throughout your everyday life. Below are a few examples.
- When receiving/making a call in a noisy place. If you’re using FaceTime while walking on a busy street, it could be difficult for someone to hear you. Using voice isolation will eliminate background noise more effectively.
- If you call someone with hearing problems. If you call someone with hearing problems, voice isolation will help amplify your voice so that they will hear you.
- When you want a crisper call. FaceTime typically gives a sort of crisp-sounding call. And voice isolation makes the calls clearer. Activating it is a big plus.
Does Voice Isolation Work In Other Apps?
This feature was built to function in other third-party apps. Therefore, it is not specifically designed for FaceTime. The app developer has to enable it, so you’ll see it soon in other voice apps.
Does Voice Isolation Work In Older iPhones?
To function, it requires an A12 Bionic chip or newer. Thus, you cannot use it on iPhone X or older devices.
What Devices Can Activate Voice Isolation
Different devices can activate voice isolation mode. These devices must operate on iOS 15 or newer.
Therefore, you’ll need any of the following devices to use either this feature or the wide spectrum feature.
- MacBooks (2018 and newer)
- iPad (8th gen or newer)
- iPad Air (3rd gen or newer)
- iPad Pro (5th gen or newer)
- iPhone SE (2022)
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
Wide Spectrum Vs Voice Isolation
There have been a series of thoughts as regards whether the wide spectrum is the same as voice isolation. But the truth is that they are different.
We have explained all there is to know about voice isolation, however, the wide spectrum is slightly different. The wide spectrum mode enhances the background noise around you.
This mode is recommended if you’re using FaceTime with your family members or group of colleagues. Similar to voice isolation, it achieves this using machine learning. Thus, your iPhone will know where to focus the sounds.
Doing so enables other participants on the call to better hear what’s happening around you. The wide spectrum is more like the reverse of voice isolation, improving the sounds around you.
How To Use Wide Spectrum
Here’s how to activate wide spectrum mode on your iOS 15 device:
- Launch FaceTime on your iPhone.
- Begin a video call with anyone.
- Open the Control Center. You can do this by swiping down from the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Mic Mode.
- Click on Wide Spectrum.
- Swipe off to remove the Control Center and get back to your call.
- You have successfully activated Wide Spectrum on your call.
Why Should You Use Wide Spectrum?
The wide spectrum can be used in different situations, especially when you need to amplify the sounds around you. Below are some examples.
- When taking part in a group call. Did you bring your family together during your FaceTime call to say hello to a relative who’s far away? Then activate the wide spectrum mode so that everybody can be heard. This makes it feel as if you’re there.
- If you’re organizing a lecture. If you want to conduct a class, like a music performance on FaceTime, the wide spectrum helps to enhance the sound. This is to ensure that everyone captures all the details better than using standard mode or voice isolation.
- When you want to better capture a moment. The person you’re conversing with enjoys a full experience of your environment when you have more background sound and noise. It is perfect for long-distance calls where the person you’re on the phone with feels they’re missing out.
The voice isolation mode is a very nice feature on iOS 15 gadgets and can make anyone enjoy their audio call or video call. If you don’t have such gadgets, you can simply make sure that the environment is quiet for your call.
FAQs On How To Use Voice Isolation On IOS 15
While on the call, you will see a mute button, click on it and you will be muted. And when you mute yourself, you can only hear the other party but they cannot hear you.
It was never a feature in Apple products until recently. And it works perfectly.
For you to share your screen while on a call, you have to install Apple Share Play.
- lifewire.com – use voice isolation on ios
- pocket-lint.com – best iPhone buying guide
- knowtechie.com – how to enable voice isolation mode on iPhone during a call
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.