One of the most basic tasks you’ll need to do on your iPhone is deleting contacts. Whether you need to delete a single contact or multiple contacts, it’s a process that’s pretty straightforward. In this article, we’ll show you how to delete contacts on your iPhone, both individually and in bulk. We’ll also show you how to restore deleted contacts if necessary.
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Single Contact on iPhone
iPhone contacts are easily accessible via the Contacts app. You can access them by pressing the iPhone’s home button and swiping them up on the screen. From here, you can access all of your contact information including names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and social handles. You can also edit contact information or delete contacts directly from this menu.
If you only need to delete one contact, the process is straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Select the contact that you want to delete.
3. Tap on the Edit button in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Delete Contact.
5. Tap on the Delete Contact button in the confirmation window.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts
Deleting multiple contacts at once is a great way of clearing your contact list without wasting time. To do this you need to use a PC or Mac to access your iCloud account.
- Sign in to iCloud.com on your PC. You may need to verify that it is you.
- Click on the Contacts folder. Your contacts will be displayed.
3. Select the contacts you intend to delete.
- If you are using windows on a PC, Hold down the Ctrl button to select
- Using Mac, Hold Command to select
4. After selection, click the gear icon at the bottom left and tap on Delete.
5. A confirmation will be displayed asking if you want to delete the contacts. Select Delete. Your multiple contacts have just been deleted.
How to Delete All Contacts on Your iPhone
You can use the steps above to highlight all contacts on your iPhone and Delete them. Another way is to use the Hide function.
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone
- Tap on Groups located at the top-left of your screen
- Deselect All or Tap on Hide all Contacts
- Click on Done., All your contacts have been cleared or hidden.
How to Delete Contacts on Your iPhone with iCloud
You can erase all your contacts on iCloud. This action clears the contacts on your iPhone, iPad, and every other device you are signed into.
- Launch the Settings app on your device. Ensure your iPhone is synced with your iPad
- Tap your name and the apple ID menu located at the top of the screen
- Select iCloud.
- Tap on Contacts and toggle it off.
- A pop-up will appear asking you ”What would you like to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts on your iPhone?”
- If you want to delete Select Delete from iPhone
- If you want to keep the contacts, Select Keep on my iPhone
How to Delete Contacts using Mac
- In the Contacts app on Mac, Select the contact(s) you want to delete
- To Select, Press and Hold the Command Key then click the contacts.
- Then Delete.
How to block Contacts on iPhone
Most times, you may not want to absolutely delete a contact and just settle for blocking.
- Launch the Phone icon.
- At the foot of your screen, Tap on Contacts
- Select the number you intend to block and Click on Block this Caller.
- A pop-up will appear requesting confirmation. Tap on Block Contact.
Blocking a contact indicates that you will not receive phone calls, messages, or facetime from people on the block list.
In this article, we have shared various ways to help iPhone users with the task of deleting contacts on their devices. By using the following methods, you can easily get rid of unwanted contacts and make room for others. It may seem intimidating at first but it is really quite simple and easy to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
Slide right on the contact you want to delete and then tap on the minus icon next to it.
Click on the red Delete button
The contact will be removed from your call log
You can delete multiple contacts on iPhone 13 by signing to the iCloud.com website with your apple 1D
Open the contact page and delete multiple contacts.
The fastest way to delete a contact on your iPhone is to open the Contacts app and tap the contact you want to delete. Then, tap the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Next, scroll down and tap the Delete button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Tap Delete Contact again to confirm.
Below My Card, tap Duplicates Found.
Tap Merge All to merge all duplicate contacts
Open your Phone app and search for the number you want to block.
Scroll down and tap on Block this caller
Confirm your action. The contact has just been blocked.
This method is actually used if you do not intend to lose contact entirely
It’s a good idea to manually assign contacts to groups based on your needs. For example, you can group business contacts with business numbers and personal contacts with personal numbers. This way, you can quickly respond to important correspondence.
You can delete multiple contacts through a web browser.
Sign in to iCloud.com using your apple ID and delete the contacts you do not need.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.