Whether as a millennial or gen z, another feature you look out for in a mobile phone besides the camera quality and memory is the possibility to take screenshots because it comes in really handy. On the Samsung s20, there are several ways to take a screenshot and we’ll look at which method is the easiest.
On your Samsung s20 device, you can take a screenshot and send the same via a WhatsApp conversation, Instagram story, or video frame with the help of some programs.
Interestingly, you don’t need to install them because they’re already built into the Android 10.0 One UI 2 operating system.
Let’s look at the ways you can take a screenshot on the s20 device.
About Samsung s20
The Samsung s20 is one of the many sleek devices that Samsung has pushed into the market. It is a strong device with an ergonomic design.
It comes with new features like 5G, a 120Hz display, and the enhanced rear cameras make it an exceptional phone in its own right.
What is the Battery Life of the Samsung s20?
It is no longer news that the 5G sucks out the living daylight out of batteries. Hence, Samsung has packaged the device with a 4,000mAh battery.
With the battery capacity, your phone can survive a day of heavy use despite the screen features. Also, it charges at 25W wired or 15W wireless. One could say that the Samsung s20 has excellent battery life.
How To Screenshot on s20
There are a plethora of ways to take a screenshot of the Samsung Galaxy s20. Each step will come in detail but the methods are:
- Using the buttons on the physical hardware
- Palm swipe gesture
- Using the smart capture
- Conversing with Samsung’s intelligent speech assistant, Bixby
- Asking Google Assistant to take a screenshot
- Using the Edge Panel’s smart select
See also: how to screenshot on Samsung s21 Ultra
Method 1: Using the Buttons on the Physical Hardware
Pressing the physical buttons in a specific order is the most popular and easiest approach to snap a screenshot. Here’s how you can do it:
- On the screen, place anything you want to capture because what you see is what the screen captures.
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
- If you do it successfully, you should see a screenshot of your screen. However, it will appear and disappear after a moment.
The Samsung gallery is where you can find your screenshots.
Method 2: Using the Palm Swipe Gesture
For someone who’s not used to this method of taking screenshots, it will take you some time to get the hang of it. And, when you eventually do, you’ll find out it’s a simple way to capture what’s on your screen.
Double-check that you have the gesture-enabled in the Samsung settings before getting started.
To enable, here’s what to do.
- Go to Advanced Features in Settings
- Tap on Gestures and Motions
- Palm Swipe to capture is a feature included in Motion and Gestures. Interact with the toggle to ensure it is turned on. When enabled, it’ll turn blue; when it’s disabled, it’ll turn white or grey.
So, to take a screenshot on your s20 using this method, place what you wish to capture but be sure to have rehearsed the process and know what it takes.
Place the side of your hand in the centre of the screen and swipe it across the screen with your palm still facing sideways.
If you do it correctly, a snapshot would appear on your screen for about a second or two before disappearing.
Method 3: Smart Capture
You can use the smart capture feature to take a screenshot of a large wall of text or content such as a webpage. You can also scroll down as the image is captured to create a panoramic shot.
But, to use this feature on your device, you must turn it on using the same process as activating the palm swipe gesture. Here’s how taking a screenshot on your s20 works.
- Open and locate the content you want to capture
- Use your preferred method; hardware or palm swipe gesture to activate the screenshot
- At the bottom of the screen, the screenshot toolbar will appear. Tap the first icon from the left, scroll capture. If you want to capture more of the page, keep touching that button.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to quit the mode and save the screenshot when you’re done.
Method 4: Conversing with Samsung’s Intelligent Speech Assistant, Bixby
Just like Siri on the iPhone, Bixby is Samsung’s speech assistant. With a simple voice command, you can take a screenshot on your s20. This is only possible if you enable the function.
Below is how to enable Bixby.
- Go to the Bixby home page. By pressing the dedicated button and tapping the home symbol, you can access Bixby Home.
- Tap the gear icon in the Settings
- Be sure that the voice wake-up option is on. This is just so Bixby replies to your voice instructions.
To take a screenshot, you can:
- Place anything you wish to capture on the screen in its proper location.
- To speak with Bixby, either press and hold the Bixby button or simply say ‘Hi Bixby.’
- Say ‘Take a Screenshot’ to Bixby when it activates and it will do so as though you were the one who took it yourself.
However, it is expedient to note that before this function works, you may need to update the basic Bixby commands. If so, the app continuously alerts you before taking any action.
Read Also: How To Screenshot on s20 | Easiest Method
Method 5: Asking Google Assistant to take a Screenshot
Asides from Bixby, the Samsung s20 also has google’s speech assistant that you can send voice instructions to take a screenshot and it will do just that.
Here’s how the method with a Google Assistant works:
- Ensure that the content you wish to capture is visible on the screen.
- You say; Alright Google. Allow some time for the help to come to life. When it happens, your phone will vibrate.
- Simply say ‘capture a screenshot’ when the prompt appears. It will capture what’s on the screen.
Method 6: Using the Edge Panel’s Smart Select
The smart select feature is an excellent technique to capture any segment of the screen and still suppress stuff you feel is irrelevant and don’t want to see.
To begin, turn on the function. Follow these steps to turn it on.
- Select Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Panels from the dropdown menu. Ensure that the Edge Panels are turned on. If it is, it will turn blue.
- To access the Edge Panel, swipe in from the side of the screen. At the bottom, tap the Settings icon.
- If enabled, the toggle icon will be blue.
To take a screenshot, do these:
- Swipe in from the screen’s edge to get the Edge Panel. Swipe once more to bring up the Smart Select panel.
- Choose whether you want to capture a form or a type of image. You can pin to screen displays a customized tool on the screen that allows you to choose what you want to capture.
- Tap ‘Done’ after resizing the area you want to capture.
So, that’s it! The many ways you can take a screenshot on s20. Go through all the methods listed above and find which is easier for you. Apply and keep the memories alive!
- Devicesfaq.com – screenshot galaxy s20
- Techradar.com – Samsung galaxy s20
- Lifewire.com – take screenshot on Samsung s20
- How to Turn off iPhone 12 pro max | Easy Step
- Fix a ‘Not Registered on Network’ Error on Samsung Galaxy in 2022
- How to Screenshot on ASUS Laptop | Easiest Method
- Transfer Contacts From Android to iPhone in Less Time
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.