There are a lot of reasons why you might want to clone a smartphone. Maybe you’re going on vacation and you want to make sure you have a backup of your device in case something happens to it. Or maybe you want to clone your phone so you can have two of the same device – one for work and one for personal use. So, is it possible to clone a phone? And if so, how can you do it without ever touching the device? In this article, we’ll walk you through all the steps to cloning a phone, including how to do it without ever touching the device.
What is Phone Cloning?
Phone cloning is the process of copying the data and identity of one cell phone to another. This can be done by physically swapping the SIM card or more commonly by using software to copy the data from one phone to another. Phone cloning can be used for legitimate purposes such as when you upgrade to a new phone and want to transfer your data over. However, it can also be used for malicious reasons such as stealing someone’s identity or accessing their personal data.
Things Needed to Clone a Phone
The process of cloning a smartphone doesn’t need any special equipment. A few fundamentals are involved with this, from setting up your system to backing up your contacts beforehand. You’ll want to back up everything such as contacts, photos, and texts.
- A Good Wifi Connection: Having a good Wi-Fi connection is one of the most important things to cloning a phone without touching it, which can also help you to clone the data more quickly. An unstable wifi connection may cause the clone to fail. Ensure both devices are connected to the stable Wi-Fi before you start cloning.
- A Phone or PC
- Ample Time: You need to set aside enough time to let you clone the device at your own time and pace.
- Make sure you have properly powered the phone and don’t have any phones in it, as a charge will drain while you clone the first phone.
- Research your options
- Choose the right cloning app or software and Install it on your device
How To Clone a Phone Without Touching It
We’re going to walk you through all the steps you need to clone your cellphone so you can have a backup of your beloved phone. Perhaps you still have an old, fit phone and you are ready to upgrade to a newer model without losing your data. Whatever the reason for cloning your phone is, there are a bunch of things you need to keep in mind when getting up to the task.
How to Clone an iPhone Using iCloud
If you have a new iPhone and would like to switch to a higher version, you can clone your old device thereby keeping your SMS, pictures, notes, and every other important data. Simply use the iCloud feature on your iPhone. Please make sure that you have enough space on your iCloud Storage. If you do not have enough space on your iCloud, you can delete photos from iCloud to create space. Clone an iPhone using iCloud with the following steps:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on iCloud, then Storage and Backup.
- Toggle on the iCloud Backup button and Select Backup Now.
- Turn on the new device to set up your iPhone
- Select ”Restore from iCloud Backup”
- Input your Apple ID and Password to sign into your iCloud account.
- Choose the backup to restore your data.
With no external app or software, you have successfully transferred your data from one iPhone to another.
How to Clone an Android Phone
If you have an android phone, there are different methods you can clone a device. Applications and software such as Phone Bluetooth, Dr Fone, Airdroid parental control app, Spyware, and Cloneit have been used over the years to transfer data from a source device to a target device.
How To Clone a Phone Using Bluetooth
This is the most known way of cloning phones. It is mostly used because every device has the Bluetooth feature and it spares the trouble of downloading apps. Steps in transferring data from one device to another are:
- Install a Bluetooth hacking tool such as Super Bluetooth Hack 1.08
- Makes sure Bluetooth is visible on both devices and Pair. They must be in close proximity.
- Once the connection is secured, access to the pictures, data, messages, and call logs is guaranteed.
How to clone a Phone Using an App
We recommend you try phone cloning applications. Usually, it is more stable and seldom gives errors, and also allows you to transfer data wirelessly. Some of them have interactive interfaces and extra features.
How to Clone a Phone Using Dr Fone
Dr Fone works on both iOS devices and Android.
- Download Dr Fone on your PC or Mac.
- Connect both devices to your system and launch the Dr Fone’s toolkit.
- The connected devices will be detected by the system and termed ”Source” and ”Destination”
- Tap on the type of data you wish to transfer such as photos, music, files, and documents.
- Wait till every data is transferred from the source device to the target device.
How to Clone a Phone Using AirDroiD
AirDroiD Parental Control App is created to help parents monitor their children’s use of the Internet. They are able to control screen time, games and app blocking, location tracking, and screen casting. To get started,
- Download the AirDroid Parental Control App from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Launch the app on your device, where you will be directed to the sign-up page.
- Create an account and Log In.
- Next, download AirDroid Kids on your children’s phones.
- After installation, launch AirDroid Kids and set up some necessary settings on the phone.
- Then enter the pairing code to bind the device. Now you can start to clone your child’s phone without touching it.
Cloning a phone is fast and simple, but it is not without its risks as it raises many questions about privacy and security. It is important to keep in mind the reason for doing it in the first place. Be mindful not never to clone a phone illegally or without permission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cloning your old phone is a process that makes an exact copy of all of the data on your old device onto a new one. This means that you can keep all of your old data, pictures, contacts, and apps – without having to touch the original device.
If you want to clone an Android phone onto another Android phone, you can also use CLONEit. It is fast and transfers most of the data.
– Download the app on your device
– Follow the prompts to clone your phone
-Download Cloneit or Dr. Fone
-Sign up to get started
-Follow the instructions laid out to transfer data from one phone to another successfully
There is no tool presently that aids you clone a phone with just an IMEI. Cloning an IMEI number and sim card will only make pose you the owner of the cloned device, However, you will not be able to access its data.
In a situation where you get a new phone. It would be important for you to retain your pictures, files, messages, and notes. This can only be achieved by cloning. This saves you from loss of data.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.