If you own an IOS device, then you must know that there are lots of things you can do with your device.
From customizing your screen to choosing your favorite wallpaper to changing the color of the apps on your device. The list is endless.
However, for the sake of this topic, we’d be focusing on how to change the color of your apps on an IOS device.
So, continue reading to discover which shortcuts to use. After all, shortcuts make lives easier.
How to Change the Color of your Apps on IOS Using Shortcuts
Customizing your IOS home screen allows you to set more than just your preferred wallpaper or background image. But also enables you to create colored app icons of your choice.
Changing the colors of an app is enough to make an icon blend perfectly into your design or presentation. It becomes easy to do using the following methods;
- Open the Shortcut app.
- Click the + (plus) on the top right corner of the app.
- On the New Shortcut screen, tap Add Action.
- Type “Open app” in the search bar at the top and select “Open App” under Actions.
- On the New Shortcut page, tap Choose and select the app whose icon color you want to change. For example, you can select Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat.
- Now tap the three dots at the top right and enter a name for your shortcut.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen”
- Search for an image that you would like to use for your new icon.
- When you find the image of your choice, save it to Photos. To save an image, press and hold the image and select “Add to Photos”. (Use Safari if you’re having trouble saving the image.)
- Head back to the Shortcuts app and tap the placeholder icon in green color. Tap “Choose Photo” and select the image you just saved. Arrange the image if need be and select “Choose”
- Edit the name of the shortcut
- Finally, tap Add at the top-right corner, and that’s all. A shortcut to the particular app will be added to the home screen.
How to Change the Color of Your Apps Without Shortcuts
If you find that it’s time-consuming to use the Shortcuts app and would like a faster alternative, here’s what you can try turning apps into widgets. Performing this action will give a completely new and attractive look to your app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Long-press on your home screen.
- Tap on the plus icon to open Widgets.
- From the list, you can scroll and pick any app you want to change into a widget.
- You’ll get several style options for your chosen app.
- Pick one and tap on Add Widget.
- You can now view and even move around the widget on your home screen.
Third-Party Method to change the color of your Apps iOS 14
Using Color Widgets
- Install the Color Widgets application from the App Store.
- Long press with your finger on your Home Screen.
- Upon wiggling the apps, tap on the + icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the Color Widgets option and choose the Add Widget option.
- Choose from the list of available widgets that suits better for you to put on your Home Screen.
- Tap on the Edit Widget button and customize your widgets according to your color preferences and font choices.
- Select the Set Widget to confirm the process.
- Install the Widgetsmith app from the App Store on your iPhone and iPad.
- Open the app and customize the widget according to your preferences. Such as choosing the size of the widget between the options of small, medium, or large.
- Tap on the widget next to choose the color and font and select the best one that suits your persona or your device’s look.
- Save your customizations when you are done by tapping the Save button.
- Long press the home screen over any app and tap on the Edit Home Screen, and select the + icon situated on the top left-side corner.
- Then, search for Widgetsmith on the list of available widgets and select it.
- Now put the widget on the preferred page of your choice and choose the size of the widget you want to view it in.
- Now you can edit the widget as per your choice by just long pressing down on the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
To change the color of your app icons on iPhone, you first need to create a custom icon file.
Next, open the Settings app and tap on “General.” Tap on “Accessibility” and then scroll down to the “Display Accommodations” section. Tap on “Color Filters” and then toggle the “Color Filters” setting to the “On” position.
To customize your iPhone app icons, you need to first Jailbreak your phone. After it is jailbroken, you can use an app like Winterboard to change the look of your icons.
There are a few different ways that you can change the look of your apps. One way is to use a different launcher. A launcher is an app that changes the look and feel of your home screen and app drawer.
To customize apps on iOS 14, you first need to jailbreak your device. Then, you can install Cydia, which is a jailbreak app store. From there, you can install custom themes, icons, and other tweaks to change the look and feel of your apps.
To customize your iPhone widgets, go to the “Today” view in the Notification Center. You can then drag and drop the widgets that you want to appear on your screen.
If you cautiously follow these steps, you can customize as many app colors as you want which would give you your preferred style.
The disadvantage of using this method is that the Shortcuts app pops up every time you open an app’s shortcut. There is no way you can make the shortcuts go straight to the app or stop shortcuts from opening in iOS.
It should be noted that the original or main apps will always remain on your iOS device and when you delete the shortcut for that particular app, the actual app won’t be affected.
All the best!
- How to Enable Push to Talk Discord in Less Time
- Full Guide On How to Use Microsoft Teams Calendar | 2023 Tutorials
- How to Format SD Card On a Phone, PC, and MAC
- Why Is My Internet So Slow On My Phone | Quick Fix?
- How to Restore & Export Chrome Bookmarks in Less Time
- Lifewire – change the color of apps on ios
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.