The distinctive Instagram icon gives off a graceful simplicity by mere looking at the circle, square, and dot wearing like a vintage camera. However, one could get sick of that look and couldn’t be happier that there’s actually a way to change the Instagram icon on your phone, regardless.
Although Instagram briefly offered the option of modifying the icon in the app’s settings in commemoration of its 10th-year milestone, there is this lingering desire to learn how to change the Instagram icon in iOS and Android operating systems.
Table of Contents
About the Instagram Icon
The impact designs have on people makes business brands keep their logos updated. Like many others before it, the Instagram icon has changed over the last ten years. Three changes have been made to the same icon, albeit.
In 2010, Kevin Systrom created the first logo where he decided that a Polaroid camera alongside a rainbow stripe should stand in for what Instagram represented at the time; photosharing.
Later in the same year, Cole Rise created another logo which stayed among so many criticisms until 2016 when the third icon was designed.
Aspects of the Instagram Icon’s design
More than just a photo-sharing app, Instagram is one of the most addictive apps in the world because of its ability to combine video-sharing, social media networking, and advertising.
Since the app’s inception, sharing vibrant moments with friends and loved ones has been its main aim, and this can be clearly seen in the icon’s part that represents concentration, memories, youth, and nostalgia.
Lately, many of the users on the platform including celebrities and marketers are immersed in the many advantages it offers them.
Can I Change the Instagram icon on an iPhone or iPad?
You can give any program on your iOS device a unique icon using the shortcuts app. However, there are some requirements.
- You must save the image you wish to use as the Instagram Icon to the gallery and your device must run iOS 14 or iPadOS14 and you must install the shortcuts app on your device.
- Once everything is set up, changing the Instagram icon barely needs some more touches.
- Choose Instagram from there, then tap the shortcut.
How to Change the Instagram app Icon on a Tablet or Android Phone
You have a few alternatives for changing your Instagram icon if you use an Android device, but you’ll need to download third-party software to achieve this.
Using an App
You can change an icon with a plethora of as available in the Google Play store, many of which are free. However, many apps rely on in-app advertisements to unlock features, and other functions might only be accessible through in-app purchases.
To give a vivid picture, the X Icon changer would be our example, although you can substitute any other app you deem fit. Then, follow these instructions.
- Download the X Icon Changer from Google Play store.
- Tap and hold an empty space on the home screen of your phone, then select Widgets from the dropdown menu.
- Locate X Icon Changer by scrolling down. When the home screen opens, tap, and hold the icon, then choose where you want it to appear, and then, release the screen.
- Select Instagram from the list of installed apps on your phone
- Decide which image to use.
- Tap OK when you’ve finished
- On your home screen, the new symbol can be seen. Press and hold the app and drag it to the Trash to remove the original Instagram icon from your Home screen.
Using a Launcher
Another great way to change the Instagram icon on your device is by installing a launcher. Most launchers allow you to change the icons because of how your phone looks. Below is how using the launcher works.
- Get a launcher from the Play store and install it
- Finish the initial configuration
- Look up Instagram. When the pop-up menu opens, tap, and hold the icon and select the Edit option.
- Decide which icon to use. You can select from your gallery or any other icon packs that are available.
How to Change the Instagram icon on iPhone
Regardless of what device you are using, changing the Instagram icon is straightforward. Besides owning an iPhone, is a need to have a recent operating system. Also, you should have the icon you intend to use for the app.
When you have all the aforementioned apps installed, all you need do is launch the app and follow the steps below to change your Instagram icon on your iOS.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner
- Click add after entering the shortcuts name
- Find the Open App option and press it.
- Select the app of your choice, which is Instagram
- Select Add to Home Screen by tapping the blue symbol in the top left corner.
- You must tap on the current icon under the home screen name and icon in order to change it.
- To choose an icon on your device, tap the Choose Photo option.
- When finished, return to the home screen.
You can view the new app and the personalized icon here. However, the original app will remain visible on the home screen.
Interestingly, you can change any other app’s icon using the same method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, using any third-party programs is not problematic.
In 2020, Instagram debuted a feature that was available for a little time. It was launched as part of Instagram’s 10th-anniversary celebration and this feature has far been gone for a year.
The Instagram Logo is a single shade of blue
Recently, social media has been buzzing with ingenuity, and Instagram allows users to change their Instagram icons. This is a way to foster creativity and allow users to experiment with their individual and unique designs.
I hope you find this article helpful to replicate the steps in changing any other app’s icon you wish to.
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post | Simple Steps
- Can You Turn off Read Receipts on Instagram? Not Exactly
- 9 Ways to Fix Add Yours Sticker Not Working on Instagram
- How to Unread Messages on Instagram | Easy Steps
- What Does KMS Mean on Snapchat? Slang Definition & Usage
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, please kindly share it with your friends. Also, do well to share your opinion in the comment section below.
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [techqlik1(@)gmail(dot)com] and actions will be taken immediately.